Incoming Posting : Grumman Widgeon/Gosling

Old December 2nd 09, 05:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom_Horn

Default Incoming Posting : Grumman Widgeon/Gosling

actually I still use XP, it works :-)
TH

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:39:01 -0500, "Rusty" wrote:

I tried to decode some pictures but it's just too damned frustrating so why
encode????????????? hell don't you want folks to see your pictures????
"Morgans" wrote in message

"Tom_Horn" wrote in message
speak for yourself. not all of us still live in the dark ages, some
are forward thinking & open to new technologies

Let us know when one a new format comes along that is enough of an
improvement to make a switch worthwhile. yEnc isn't one of them that is
worthwhile.

Don't switch just to switch, when what is the recognized format still
works fine.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'll bet you switched to Vista when it first came out, too.

I doubt anyone will change your mind. I know you won't change my mind, or
many others, so don't speak for us, either.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 11th 09, 05:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Rusty" wrote in
:

"Tom_Horn" wrote in message
speak for yourself. not all of us still live in the dark ages, some
are forward thinking & open to new technologies

Let us know when one a new format comes along that is enough of an
improvement to make a switch worthwhile. yEnc isn't one of them that
is worthwhile.

Don't switch just to switch, when what is the recognized format still
works fine.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'll bet you switched to Vista when it first came out, too.

I doubt anyone will change your mind. I know you won't change my
mind, or many others, so don't speak for us, either.
--
Jim in NC

All this fuss about yEnc has gone on for years now It really is no problem
I use xnews and it decodes it fine so it's really no issue except for those
who make it one
Old December 12th 09, 08:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Clairbear" wrote

All this fuss about yEnc has gone on for years now It really is no problem
I use xnews and it decodes it fine so it's really no issue except for
those
who make it one

Sure, as long as everyone wants to use what you use, no problem. As long as
you want to PAY and learn a new program, no big deal. Not at all, since
your view is surely the only right view, right?
--
Jim in NC

Old December 12th 09, 02:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Moore

"Morgans" wrote
Sure, as long as everyone wants to use what you use, no problem. As
long as you want to PAY and learn a new program, no big deal.

Jim, I would hate to admit to the whole world that I could not learn to use
the FREE Xnews in an hour or two.

Way back in the 1990's before IE and OE, my first ISP provided a start-up
package that consisted of Netscape Navigator for web surfing, Eudora for
e-mail and NewsXpress for something that I had never heard of...News
Groups, something similar to Bulletin Boards as it was explained to me.
No instructions were provided for any of the applications that ran under
Windows 3.0.

Building on NewsXpress, a talented programer named Luu Tran designed a
news reader for himself and then once satisfied with its performance, he
decided to share it with the world as "Freeware". It is very customizable,
which does take perhaps half an hour to set-up to suit one's preferences.

Yes...I have "tried" OE as a news reader....No thanks. As with most add-ons
provided by MS for windows, they are not nearly as complete as third-party
applications.

How many different types of airplanes have you learned to fly? ))

Bob Moore
Still flying AND learning at 75!
Old December 12th 09, 10:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David LaCourse

On 2009-12-12 03:57:02 -0500, "Morgans" said:

"Clairbear" wrote

All this fuss about yEnc has gone on for years now It really is no problem
I use xnews and it decodes it fine so it's really no issue except for
those
who make it one

Sure, as long as everyone wants to use what you use, no problem. As long as
you want to PAY and learn a new program, no big deal. Not at all, since
your view is surely the only right view, right?

I have to laugh at the yenc argument that pops up every once in awhile.
There is no program to download, no program to learn, and it is no big
deal. Your newsreader, if you have a good one, will automatically
decode yenc and many other schemes *for free and nothing to learn*.

Dave

Old December 13th 09, 04:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote

All this fuss about yEnc has gone on for years now It really is no
problem I use xnews and it decodes it fine so it's really no issue
except for those
who make it one

Sure, as long as everyone wants to use what you use, no problem. As
long as you want to PAY and learn a new program, no big deal. Not at
all, since your view is surely the only right view, right?

PAY? no pay and nothing really to learn.
Better to light a single candle than to curse the dark
Excuse the hell out of me for offering a helping hand
Old December 13th 09, 04:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Robert Moore wrote in
5.247:

"Morgans" wrote
[...]

So I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks
Keep on learning Bob it help keep you young
Old December 13th 09, 01:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gary R. Schmidt

On 2009-12-12 03:57:02 -0500, "Morgans" said:

"Clairbear" wrote

All this fuss about yEnc has gone on for years now It really is no
problem
I use xnews and it decodes it fine so it's really no issue except for
those
who make it one

Sure, as long as everyone wants to use what you use, no problem. As
long as
you want to PAY and learn a new program, no big deal. Not at all, since
your view is surely the only right view, right?

I have to laugh at the yenc argument that pops up every once in awhile.
There is no program to download, no program to learn, and it is no big
deal. Your newsreader, if you have a good one, will automatically
decode yenc and many other schemes *for free and nothing to learn*.

Yes, but that is *if and only if* the yEnc posting software has followed
the RFC's that describe how a Usenet posting is to be formed.

Most, sadly, do not.

Oh, for those who may be interested, start with http://rfc-editor.org/
and search on "Usenet" if you want to learn.

Damme! There has been activity, RFC's 5536 and 5537 are up, dated
November 2009, obsoleting 1036. It seems I have some reading to do!

Cheers,
Gary B-)
Old December 13th 09, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Robert Moore" wrote

Jim, I would hate to admit to the whole world that I could not learn to
use
the FREE Xnews in an hour or two.

I never said that. I could learn a new program in no time, I'm sure. The
point is, I LIKE the program I am using, and have no need to change. I
don't need to use a non standard format that someone thinks is so much
better.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 14th 09, 03:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Robert Moore" wrote

Jim, I would hate to admit to the whole world that I could not learn
to use
the FREE Xnews in an hour or two.

I never said that. I could learn a new program in no time, I'm sure.
The point is, I LIKE the program I am using, and have no need to
change. I don't need to use a non standard format that someone thinks
is so much better.

Then stop complaining about something you refuse to even try to understand

Widgeon Glen in Orlando Aviation Photos 0 October 9th 09 07:00 PM
Widgeon acroman Aviation Photos 0 August 19th 07 04:14 PM
Paintjobs, pt 3 - Grumman G-44 Widgeon.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 February 12th 07 01:15 PM