WINGS: When do the clocks start ticking?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 29th 04, 07:01 PM
Andrew Gideon

Default WINGS: When do the clocks start ticking?

I just received my first WINGS pin the other day. I'd not known what to
expect, and the little pin and certificate were nice to receive.

But I'm wondering now about a couple of aspects to this with respect to
timing. Understand that the various requirements to this program were
satisfied over a period of many months. More, I didn't actually send the
application in until well after I completed the final requirement.

I know that I can only do this once a year. But where does the year start?
That is, can I get my next WINGS pin 12 months after I completed the
requirements for this pin? Or is it 12 months after I received this one?
Must I wait a year before taking training I can count towards the pin?

More importantly, what does this do to by BFR's clock? From when do I start
counting that? Is it when I received the pin, when I completed the last
requirement, the first requirement, or something else?

Thanks...
- Andrew