Wings from "Champ" stolen in Oklahoma after emergency landing

Old December 7th 03, 05:02 AM
R. Hubbell

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 22:26:58 GMT Tom Pappano wrote:

I received this email today and am posting it to the group.
The aircraft was N2126E owned by Pablo Pinzon,
and the wings are painted yellow.

To All Angel Flight Pilots

One of our Angel Flight pilots has lost his wings and he'd like your help to
find them.

Pablo's story follows and please see the attached file for additional
information and a picture.

If you have any information, please contact him at

Thanks for your help.

Mark Haywood

Wednesday Nov 26, I took my 1946 Aeronca Champ, based at CHK, for a short
local flight. About 2pm my engine quit and I made an emergency landing on
Higway 81, 2.5 north of Minco. I secured the airplane by the road and
somebody gave me a ride back to Chickasha (18.5miles south).

We went back with a trailer, took de wings off, and place the fuselage in
the trailer. However the wings did not fit in the trailer. So we decided to
take the fuselage back to the airport and came back to pick up the wings:
Surprise, the wings were gone!!!. I hope that a good samaritan picked them
up with the intention to protect them (even though most people think that
they were just plainly stolen).

Sorry to hear about the missing wings. You need to visit the airports near
where you lost the wings and post flyers and talk to folks. I'll bet
a good samaritan found them and will turn them over to someone they know
involved with flying/planes.

R. Hubbell

If any body can provide any information about the whereabouts of the wings,
it would be great.

Local authorities, FAA, sherif, Highway patrol, etc were properly notified.

Thank you, very much.
Pablo