Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam

Old July 15th 04, 04:05 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Bill Shatzer" wrote in message

Assumed but not proven. In any case irrelevant if the folks
-thought- they were in a battle.

Kerry's crew said there was no enemy fire, so the folks didn't think they
were in a battle.

You think those folks in the Bradley who got zapped by a blue
on blue Maverick didn't get PHs? There was no -real- battle,
they were just motoring along when the A-10 mistook them for
a T-72 or whatever. The A-10 driver -thought- it was a battle.

Irrelevant.

"Purported" experience. The things have to cover a minimum
distance before they arm themselves and that distance is
sufficient to place the shooter outside of the blast/shrapnel
radius.

I recall one story from the vietnam conflict where an army
surgeon got written up for removing an unexploded M-79 round
from an ARVN trooper. -He- got shot by friendly fire but the
round hadn't traveled far enough to arm itself.

Based on the best information, Kerry was not entitled to that award.

Old July 15th 04, 04:50 AM
Ian MacLure

"Paul J. Adam" wrote in
:

[snip]

But those are combatants with - literally - a lot more room for
manoeuvre. Flying formation bombing raids was rather more like
Napoleonic infantry forming square under artillery fi each roundshot
fired at the formation could kill or maim four or five men, and
individual skill made no difference at all to the enemy gunners' point
of aim and the flight of the shot.

Interesting analogy. In the age of linear tactics, infantry in
line were less vulnerable to artillery than in the square but
cavalry could make hash of them. And vice versa.
Had, for instance, the French cavalry at Waterloo had horse artillery
with them they might have been able to make an impression on the
British Squares. Cambronne and the Old(?) Guard weren't so lucky.
Had the clash of the Guards proceeded with the French column coming
in behind cavalry they might have been able to overrun a British
Guards square instead of being shot to pieces.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old July 15th 04, 04:58 AM
Ron

Kerry was and is a true decorated war hero. And it is driving the neocons nut
especially when we look at the war records of president Cheney and vice
president Bush..

Arthur Kramer

So was Dole and Bush 41. Did you vote for them?

Ron
PA-31T Cheyenne II
Maharashtra Weather Modification Program
Pune, India

Old July 15th 04, 05:40 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
Guy Alcala writes:
Ed Rasimus wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:24:59 GMT, Guy Alcala
wrote:

Jack wrote:

Harry Andreas wrote:

Yah, but was it a V-tail Bonanza?

Of course, though he was a reasonably debonair sort, for a guy from Toledo.

I suspect that one will go over (or under as the case may be) the heads of most
here, this being a military aviation newsgroup.

You don't give us enough credit. I chuckled at the pun.

I did qualify it with most ;-) I knew a few would get it, but the percentage will be a
lot lower than if it were posted to a general aviation group, where they'd presumably be
rolling in the aisles en masse.

Oh, I dunno. If a Debonair exercized a bit & slimmed down a bit, it
would probably serve as a Mentor.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old July 15th 04, 06:38 AM
C J Campbell

"Dude" wrote in message
If he gets fooled by the Bush administration, should we let him represent

us
in dealings with truly professional diplomats and world leaders?

Exactly the point. That is why you won't see Kerry going around saying that
Bush is stupid and why he probably wishes his 'supporters' would stop saying
it, too.

Old July 15th 04, 07:25 AM
Guy Alcala

Peter Stickney wrote:

wrote:

Jack wrote:

Harry Andreas wrote:

Yah, but was it a V-tail Bonanza?

Of course, though he was a reasonably debonair sort, for a guy from Toledo.

I suspect that one will go over (or under as the case may be) the heads of most
here, this being a military aviation newsgroup.

You don't give us enough credit. I chuckled at the pun.

I did qualify it with most ;-) I knew a few would get it, but the percentage will be a
lot lower than if it were posted to a general aviation group, where they'd presumably be
rolling in the aisles en masse.

Oh, I dunno. If a Debonair exercized a bit & slimmed down a bit, it
would probably serve as a Mentor.

Before we end up (s)punning in, I hereby declare a moratorium on all puns based on the names
of Beech (or any other company's: I can feel someone loading up with the Tutor even as I
write) a/c names. Sure, I know it's probably futile, but the effort has to be made. This is
_not_ s.m.n. ;-)

Guy

Old July 15th 04, 07:57 AM
Ron

And
tell me someone in his position with his quals would have got the deal
he got if his father hadn't been a war hero congressman. Apparently
his UPT performance should have put him in multi or helos: and
normally someone without specifically in demand attributes should have
had to go active duty to get UPT at that time anyway. Yes, that's as I
understand it and no, I wasn't there.

Have any sources for that? Apparently he was quite good at UPT, from what IPs
said.

Old July 15th 04, 08:02 AM
Ron

Yah, but was it a V-tail Bonanza?
That has the rep as the unforgiving GA ship, probably due to lack of
training.

Nothing wrong with a V-tail bonanza really, except that it is a pretty clean
airframe, and will build up speed quickly.

Same with the Malibus that had some mid air breakups in the early 80s.
Momentary inattention can cause airspeed to build quickly, and then if someone
just yanks back on the stick hard...well, the results are predictable.

Doctors are just famous for buying more plane than their abilties warrant.
Plus some who used them for work, had rather long days and were flying when
they were very fatigued. The joke about the Bonanza being the "Forked tail
doctor killer", in reality was more about the pilots than the plane.

Old July 15th 04, 03:40 PM
Jack

Sam Byrams wrote:

[Mason's book claims] the T-38 Talon was a big challenge for people
whose total experience consisted of under 200 hours in the T-37.

In the mid and late 60's it would have been less than 100 hrs in the
Tweet for studs transitioning to the Talon, and nobody didn't like the T-38.

Jack

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve WalterM140 Military Aviation 196 June 14th 04 11:33 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM