Brace wire

Old October 20th 03, 02:53 PM
Tom Mathes

Default Brace wire

Question Guys. In the Hatz wings the internal brace wire is specified
as 3/16" AN703. Does anybody know a source for this? Spruce and Wicks
do not specify.
Thanks,
Tom Mathes
Old October 20th 03, 04:59 PM
Larry Smith

"Tom Mathes" wrote in message
m...
Question Guys. In the Hatz wings the internal brace wire is specified
as 3/16" AN703. Does anybody know a source for this? Spruce and Wicks
do not specify.
Thanks,
Tom Mathes

Try weebeastie.com as a Hatz resource. Also there are several populous
Hatz groups on the web.

Love those Hatz biplanes. Beautiful. Good luck.

Old October 21st 03, 12:58 AM
Jerry Wass

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
In my Sproose catalog-2002 they are listed as round tie rods--right under
the
brstreamline tie rods---nearly as expensive too---then when you add the
end fittings
brthey really cost a bundle----get a little lathe, make your own out
of 1/4" 316
brS.S.  rod---grind a 3 or 4" section down to 3/16" to keep from
having a stress
brriser area in the threads---or have the 1/4" rod roll-threaded to 5/16
---make your own rod ends out of  7/16" or 1/2" hex rod---its either
money or time either way
bryou go.
pTom Mathes wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEQuestion Guys. In the Hatz wings the internal brace
wire is specified
bras 3/16" AN703. Does anybody know a source for this? Spruce and Wicks
brdo not specify.
brThanks,
brTom Mathes/blockquote
/html

Old October 21st 03, 11:54 AM
Model Flyer

"Jerry Wass" wrote in message
In my Sproose catalog-2002 they are listed as round tie rods--right

under the
streamline tie rods---nearly as expensive too---then when you add

the end fittings
they really cost a bundle----get a little lathe, make your own out

of 1/4" 316
S.S. rod---grind a 3 or 4" section down to 3/16" to keep from

having a stress
riser area in the threads---or have the 1/4" rod roll-threaded to

5/16 ---make your own rod ends out of 7/16" or 1/2" hex rod---its
either money or time either way
you go.
Tom Mathes wrote:

Interesting, I suppose you make all your own rivetts as well?
--

..

Old October 22nd 03, 12:19 AM
Jerry Wass

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html

pModel Flyer wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITE"Jerry Wass" wrote in message
bra "news:3F94768 /a...
br In my Sproose catalog-2002 they are listed as round tie rods--right
brunder the
br streamline tie rods---nearly as expensive too---then when you add
brthe end fittings
br they really cost a bundle----get a little lathe, make your own out
brof 1/4" 316
br S.S.  rod---grind a 3 or 4" section down to 3/16" to keep from
brhaving a stress
br riser area in the threads---or have the 1/4" rod roll-threaded to
br5/16 ---make your own rod ends out of  7/16" or 1/2" hex rod---its
breither money or time either way
br you go.
br Tom Mathes wrote:
br
pInteresting, I suppose you make all your own rivetts as well?--NAW,
don't use/blockquote
no rivets--- thum taks werks better, specially on wood wings, but I did
make my own hi-draulick brake cylinders--the ones what goes on them peddles
on the floor...
brann my own super-shockin lektronik spark plug gap jumper., an my own
fuel injection system---well 'dapted it from a mersadies bents. an smother
stuff too---
br
br
blockquote TYPE=CITEno rivets
br--
p.
br--
brCheers,
brJonathan Lowe
brwhatever at antispam dot net
brNo email address given because of spam.
brAntispam trap in place
p   Question Guys. In the Hatz wings the internal brace wire
is
brspecified
br   as 3/16" AN703. Does anybody know a source for this?
Spruce and
brWicks
br   do not specify.
br   Thanks,
br   Tom Mathes/blockquote
/html

Old October 22nd 03, 02:11 PM
Model Flyer

"Jerry Wass" wrote in message

Model Flyer wrote:

"Jerry Wass" wrote in message

no rivets--- thum taks werks better, specially on wood wings, but I

did make my own hi-draulick brake cylinders--the ones what goes on
them peddles on the floor...
ann my own super-shockin lektronik spark plug gap jumper., an my

own fuel injection system---well 'dapted it from a mersadies bents.
an smother stuff too---

no rivets

Well that at least one less boring job that you don't have to do,
clench rivets. I guess that's worse than boring holes for thousands
of screws.
--

..
--