DUATS problem

Old May 22nd 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Default DUATS problem

Haven't used DUATS in quite awhile as I've just been doing local flights,
but I tried it yesterday adn I can't get anything out of it. I enter the
script for an area brief and when I hit the send button, I get connected,
but it comes up with a line that asks for my password or last name. I have
long forgotten my password, but it doesn't matter since nothing I enter
shows up on the screen.

Is this a problem with my PC (maybe I need an update) or is there a problem
with DUATS?

TIA.

mike

Old May 22nd 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

Just start over go sign up again. It will give you your password.
Sign up for golden eagle it is pretty good.

Old May 22nd 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

they have a service number.. call them..
but an inquiry, how have you been getting weather and NOTAMS for your local
flights?

BT

Old May 22nd 07, 11:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

mike regish wrote:

Is this a problem with my PC (maybe I need an update) or is there a problem
with DUATS?

Why wouldn't you use the web based Duats you can access from a
web browser? Granted, it does require you to have internet access,
but I usually like to take a look at satellite and radar images
(via NOAA) in addition to the briefing.
Old May 22nd 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Edwin Johnson

On 2007-05-22, mike regish wrote:

script for an area brief and when I hit the send button, I get connected,
but it comes up with a line that asks for my password or last name. I have
long forgotten my password, but it doesn't matter since nothing I enter
shows up on the screen.

If you are talking about the direct connect modem services, both DUAT
servers are working fine. I use both, but primarily the DTC. With DTC when
you type in your ID and password, the '*' symbol echoes your input. But with
the CSC duat, there is no echo whatsoever. Both, of course, are for
security.

I don't normally type in this stuff for I have everything run by scripts,
but just tried with a terminal program to report to you. Ocassionally, I use
the DTC on the internet, but that is a much slower process than the modem
connection.

Incidentally, both services are set up to require an ID and password, which
I'm sure you can easily obtain from their help line, probably emailed back
to you.

....Edwin
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
return."-da Vinci http://bellsouthpwp2.net/e/d/edwinljohnson
Old May 22nd 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
texasflyer

My old DUATS account seems to be borked also.

It will not take my password, which I have written down in my wallet
so I would not forget it, and when I try to sign up again, it says it
already has an account for my certificate number and will not allow me
to proceed. Calling the 800 number for support was either perpetually
busy, or would ring forever with no answer. As a result, I have simply
given up on DUATS.

Old May 22nd 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

It's working for me.

Don

Old May 22nd 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

My password is automatically entered when I start, thus I have no idea what
it is. I know I can't just set up another account because, like you already
found out, it will say that I already have one. I'll have to call them. I
think there's a problem with my software as I ocassionally get one of those
"this application has encountered a problem and will shut down" messages.

I'll try the number again, but I got sick of waiting last time I tried it.

I'm wondering if it could be my firewall or antivirus software. I had a
problem with my Musicmatch and ended up paying $20 for the upgrade only to
get the same problem. I forget what I did, but I changed a setting in my
firewall software and all was fine after that.

Thanks.

mike

ups.com...

Old May 23rd 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

NOTAMS from AOPA... interesting.. I had not thought of them as a source..
thanx
BT

. ..

"BT" wrote in message
they have a service number.. call them..
but an inquiry, how have you been getting weather and NOTAMS for your
local flights?

BT

DUATS and LockMart Jay Beckman Piloting 22 August 3rd 06 05:36 PM
Cirrus for Duats Charles Piloting 2 July 17th 04 11:16 PM
filing with DUATS Ditch Instrument Flight Rules 20 January 14th 04 10:38 AM
You have to love DUATS! Louis Perley Piloting 5 January 10th 04 07:28 AM
DUATS Chris Matras Instrument Flight Rules 16 August 22nd 03 07:29 PM