IGC Flight Replay

Old February 9th 17, 07:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default IGC Flight Replay

Just tried to use IGC Flight Replay and had errors.
Looked on the Flight Replay website, found the news.
http://ywtw.de/igcsimen.html
15.01.2017 Unfortunately Google does not support the interface to Google Earth anymore. Therefore for the time being IGC Replay will not be offered anymore. I Hope you had a lot of fun with IGC Replay.

We'll see if it can be fixed.
Jim
Old February 9th 17, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 1:11:35 AM UTC-5, JS wrote:
Just tried to use IGC Flight Replay and had errors.
Looked on the Flight Replay website, found the news.
http://ywtw.de/igcsimen.html
15.01.2017 Unfortunately Google does not support the interface to Google Earth anymore. Therefore for the time being IGC Replay will not be offered anymore. I Hope you had a lot of fun with IGC Replay.

We'll see if it can be fixed.
Jim

I hope it can be fixed! That program is/was better than watching TV, as their own website says! I surely enjoyed using it re-fly my flights.

Uli
Old February 10th 17, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

On Thursday, 9 February 2017 01:11:35 UTC-5, JS wrote:
Just tried to use IGC Flight Replay and had errors.
Looked on the Flight Replay website, found the news.
http://ywtw.de/igcsimen.html
15.01.2017 Unfortunately Google does not support the interface to Google Earth anymore. Therefore for the time being IGC Replay will not be offered anymore. I Hope you had a lot of fun with IGC Replay.

We'll see if it can be fixed.
Jim

That is a loss! It was so useful for sharing gliding flights with power pilots who would of course not have See You.

Shame.
Old February 10th 17, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:10:57 AM UTC-8, Charlie Papa wrote:
On Thursday, 9 February 2017 01:11:35 UTC-5, JS wrote:
Just tried to use IGC Flight Replay and had errors.
Looked on the Flight Replay website, found the news.
http://ywtw.de/igcsimen.html
15.01.2017 Unfortunately Google does not support the interface to Google Earth anymore. Therefore for the time being IGC Replay will not be offered anymore. I Hope you had a lot of fun with IGC Replay.

We'll see if it can be fixed.
Jim

That is a loss! It was so useful for sharing gliding flights with power pilots who would of course not have See You.

Shame.

I miss it too. Sometimes "progress" really isn't.

Craig
Old February 13th 17, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Brisbourne[_2_]

Check out http://glidingweb.org

Old February 13th 17, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 2:15:07 AM UTC-8, Richard Brisbourne wrote:
[...]

Richard, you may not have used IGC Flight Replay.
It would show your flight in 3D over Google Earth imagery. Looked as if you were in the glider. A great way to introduce people to a new-to-them sport, task, or area to fly.
Besides the point of view, the imagery was more realistic than SeeYou 8.x.
Jim

Old February 13th 17, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

https://doarama.com/ Another option. Find it kind of annoying, but works for a quick look.
Old February 16th 17, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Stroschine

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 11:11:35 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
Just tried to use IGC Flight Replay and had errors.
Looked on the Flight Replay website, found the news.
http://ywtw.de/igcsimen.html
15.01.2017 Unfortunately Google does not support the interface to Google Earth anymore. Therefore for the time being IGC Replay will not be offered anymore. I Hope you had a lot of fun with IGC Replay.

We'll see if it can be fixed.
Jim

You might want to look at CloudAhoy too. It's geared towards powered and isn't free but it has a feature similar to what you are describing.
Old February 17th 17, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I created an account and uploaded an IGC file, but the playback never did anything. It just sat on the runway at my takeoff spot. Cranked up the playback speed and let it run for several days and still nothing.

The user interface is cryptic at best.

Graphics are cool and if it actually worked looks like it would be nice to show folks at work.

5Z

IGC Replay [email protected] Soaring 10 June 30th 15 10:46 PM
IGC flight replay question Andrew Brayer Soaring 5 February 5th 14 01:45 AM
Replay XD Video Cameras Paul Remde Soaring 0 February 7th 13 06:01 AM
IGC Replay tobi[_2_] Soaring 9 June 7th 08 01:32 AM
IGC Google Earth Replay [email protected] Soaring 43 February 15th 08 12:00 AM