SeeYou and Mac computers

Old July 13th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Default SeeYou and Mac computers

Does anyone know whether SeeYou can be run on a Mac?

Old July 13th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Nyal Williams wrote:
Does anyone know whether SeeYou can be run on a Mac?

The latest MAC ads claim a lot.

Old July 13th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Hoffman

Nyal Williams wrote:
Does anyone know whether SeeYou can be run on a Mac?

I don't know. But a used generic Wintel machine that will nicely run
SeeYou can be had for very little money. I bought such a machine just
so I could run Condor Soaring Flight Simulator. My "real" computer is
an iMac. Try ebay.

Regards,

-Doug

Old July 13th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

SeeYou can only run on Windows. If you have one of the newer
Intel-chip-based Macs, then you can run Windows on your Mac, and run
SeeYou on Windows on your Mac. You have to buy a copy of Windows to
run on your Mac.

An alternative for older PPC-chip-based macs is to run Virtual PC on
your Mac. Virtual PC is a program that allows you to run Windows on
your Mac and therefore allows you to run SeeYou on Windows on your Mac.

Old July 13th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Vincent

"Doug Hoffman" wrote in message
ups.com...

Nyal Williams wrote:
Does anyone know whether SeeYou can be run on a Mac?

I don't know. But a used generic Wintel machine that will nicely run
SeeYou can be had for very little money. I bought such a machine just
so I could run Condor Soaring Flight Simulator. My "real" computer is
an iMac. Try ebay.

Regards,

-Doug

You might be constrained by the video card. SeeYou is very graphics
intensive, especially when viewing in 3D mode. Consider upgrading the video
card and get at least 512M RAM.

Old July 13th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nyal Williams wrote:
Does anyone know whether SeeYou can be run on a Mac?

On a pre-Intel Mac, your option would be to run it in Virtual PC - way,
way too slow for SeeYou.

I understand the new Intel Mac running Parallels is very fast, & I'm
looking forward to getting one soon (had to buy one for the
college-bound grandson first). You'd probably want as much RAM as
possible, and it still might not be able to handle all of SeeYou's
bells & whistles. But I intend to try.

Old July 14th 06, 09:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

I run SeeYou on a macbook pro 2.16ghz, using Parallels emulating a PC
running Windows XP. Performance is great, although they have not yet
optimized the graphics. 3D works fine, but still a little jerky.
Processing is just as fast as a "real" PC.

Matt (Jr)

Old July 14th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Thomson

Another vote here for parallels. It runs SeeYou at
native windows speeds, everything is fine in it apart
from the slightly jerky graphics in 3d due to the lack
of graphics drivers in parallels. I've run this on
a 2GHz macbook pro.

I have also run SeeYou perfectly using VirtualPC on
a 1.67GHz G4 Powerbook, again everything but 3d works
fine.

Cheers,
Ian