No winner yet in 'Doonesbury' Bush search

Old March 2nd 04, 05:04 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Michael Wise" wrote in message

And you know this because you've seen and evaluated any evidence
provided to him?

I know this because I read the statements of a member of the AANG who served
with Bush.

Old March 2nd 04, 05:12 PM
Michael Wise

In article k.net,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

And you know this because you've seen and evaluated any evidence
provided to him?

I know this because I read the statements of a member of the AANG who served
with Bush.

If you read a statement of a person claiming to be Elvis, would you
accept it as truth...simply because it was a written statement?

--Mike
Old March 2nd 04, 05:15 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Michael Wise" wrote in message

If you read a statement of a person claiming to be Elvis, would you
accept it as truth...simply because it was a written statement?

No, I wouldn't. There is good reason to doubt a person claiming to be
Elvis. Elvis is dead. But there is no good reason to doubt the statement
of a person who served in the AANG unit that Bush was assigned to while he
was assigned to it.

Old March 2nd 04, 10:04 PM
Ron

In other words, I can not prove my assertion, so I will just take the easy
route, and ask others to disprove it.

Actually, that is a quite normal procedure in exact science -- It is
almost impossible to prove a theory, but as long as it describes
the available evidence within experimental accuracy, and nobody
has evidence to the contrary, it is accepted. Nothing irrational
about that.

However this is not science. It is making accusations about someone else, and
when one does not have the evidence to support ones theory, then just demand
everyone prove its wrong. I still think it is important for one to support
and have evidence for what one says about others.

I could ask for photographic evidence to prove that you did not beat up kids on
June 11 last year. And then if no one can provide photos showing you did not
beat any kids that day, I can say thats proves that you did.

Yes, it is ludicrous and silly, but I think it is similar.

Even in science, you still try to find some evidence to support your theories
before submitting them for peer review.

I have known people who were not big fans of Bush, but said that missing
national guard duty days due to career obligations and making them up
afterwards was not unusual at all.

Ron
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)

Old March 3rd 04, 03:12 AM
Ragnar

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
Demorat indeed.

Thank you for admitting that.

Old March 3rd 04, 07:23 AM
John Keeney

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
My one line comment generates 28 lines of response and/or disclaimer from

you,
and you said I was stupid! I think I'll just rest my case while I'm

ahead.

Ah, you were just trolling and your stupidity was intentional.
Never mind then.

Old March 3rd 04, 01:56 PM
George Z. Bush

John Keeney wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
My one line comment generates 28 lines of response and/or disclaimer from
you, and you said I was stupid! I think I'll just rest my case while I'm
ahead.

Ah, you were just trolling and your stupidity was intentional.
Never mind then.

OK. However, if I was trolling, you were the guppy who bit, so which one of us
was the stupid one? You don't have to bother answering.....we all already know
the answer. (^-^)))

George Z.

Old March 8th 04, 06:17 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Michael Wise" wrote in message

Do objective judges accept one guy's claim of having seen something as
something even approaching conclusive evidence?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. Why wouldn't they?

An objective judge might
be swayed is two people came forward with similar testimony...but one?

Why not one? Why would one witness that was in a position to know with
nothing to gain by lying not be believed? How many credible witnesses did
Trudeau require in his initial challenge?

Old March 8th 04, 09:28 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

You guys never get anything right. My copy of the Playbook says: "Don't

make
baseless accusations. Present proof and then watch their faces turn red

as they
try to think of how to change the subject!"

But you frequently make baseless accusations and rarely present proof.

Old March 8th 04, 09:44 PM
George Z. Bush

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

You guys never get anything right. My copy of the Playbook says: "Don't

make
baseless accusations. Present proof and then watch their faces turn red

as they
try to think of how to change the subject!"

But you frequently make baseless accusations and rarely present proof.

If you say so.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Bush shot JFK over what he did to Barbara Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Home Built 2 August 30th 04 03:28 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM