Hope he has enough gas

Old January 11th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dick Meade

Default Hope he has enough gas

Take a look at Flightaware for N82DK. He's planned for a non-stop from San
Diego to W. Palm Beach, in a Questaire Venture. He's trying for a record in
the 1000 kg and under class.

Earlier this week, he flew from Brunswick, Georgia to San Diego with just 1
refueling stop.

Old January 11th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_4_]

"John Smith" wrote in message

WOW!!!
8+56 westbound with one stop SIX-MINUTE TURN! and 7+44 eastbound
non-stop.

Man, that egg was cookin'! I had to look up the type of aircraft it was and
I'm surprised I've never come across reading about it (then again, I'm not a
big EAA guy). That's one hell of an endurance for a piston single.

Marco

Old January 11th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"John Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
Clark wrote:

"Dick Meade" wrote in
:

Take a look at Flightaware for N82DK. He's planned for a non-stop from
San Diego to W. Palm Beach, in a Questaire Venture. He's trying for a
record in the 1000 kg and under class.

Earlier this week, he flew from Brunswick, Georgia to San Diego with
just 1 refueling stop.

Looks like he is feet dry now...

WOW!!!
8+56 westbound with one stop SIX-MINUTE TURN! and 7+44 eastbound
non-stop.

Umm, 26 minute turn but still fast

--

*H. Allen Smith*
WACO - We are all here, because we are not all there.

Old January 11th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"Clark" wrote in message

Looks like he is feet dry now...

He made it! 7 hours, 44 minutes. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N82DK

Vaughn

Old January 12th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Dick Meade" wrote in message ...
Take a look at Flightaware for N82DK. He's planned for a non-stop from San Diego to W. Palm Beach, in a Questaire
Venture. He's trying for a record in the 1000 kg and under class.

Earlier this week, he flew from Brunswick, Georgia to San Diego with just 1 refueling stop.

How much is enough?

Old January 12th 08, 09:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Marco Leon" wrote in message
"John Smith" wrote in message

WOW!!!
8+56 westbound with one stop SIX-MINUTE TURN! and 7+44 eastbound
non-stop.

Man, that egg was cookin'! I had to look up the type of aircraft it was
and I'm surprised I've never come across reading about it (then again, I'm
not a big EAA guy). That's one hell of an endurance for a piston single.

Marco

Thats's Nothing!!! Try N66019 that was me in a Cessna 172 in November. I am
shooting for 3000+ NM in a Cessna 182 Turbo Diesel N837GA as soon as they
get all the faa paperwork complete. I will be using Sat tracking with find
me spot http://www.findmespot.com/default.aspx on the flight.

Old January 12th 08, 10:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 12, 2:49*am, "NW_Pilot"
wrote:
"Marco Leon" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message

WOW!!!
8+56 westbound with one stop SIX-MINUTE TURN! and 7+44 eastbound
non-stop.

Man, that egg was cookin'! I had to look up the type of aircraft it was
and I'm surprised I've never come across reading about it (then again, I'm
not a big EAA guy). That's one hell of an endurance for a piston single.

Marco

Thats's Nothing!!! Try N66019 that was me in a Cessna 172 in November. I am
shooting for 3000+ NM in a Cessna 182 Turbo Diesel N837GA as soon as they
get all the faa paperwork complete. I will be using Sat tracking with find
me spothttp://www.findmespot.com/default.aspxon the flight.

I say all of us regular groupies should contribute to a " NASA
Diaper" fund for NW... Ya know it is late and that diaper word looked
like its speeled wrong. :)....

Ben ' never had kids' Haas
www.haaspowerair.com
Old January 12th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

wrote in message
On Jan 12, 2:49 am, "NW_Pilot"
wrote:
I say all of us regular groupies should contribute to a " NASA
Diaper" fund for NW...

You know, I listened to a half-serious presentation in a marketing class
once about how to sell adult incontinence products to a wider market. They came
up with "Sport Depends". I think that I may just live long enough to see it
happen!

Vaughn

Old January 12th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"John Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"NW_Pilot" wrote:

Thats's Nothing!!! Try N66019 that was me in a Cessna 172 in November. I
am
shooting for 3000+ NM in a Cessna 182 Turbo Diesel N837GA as soon as they
get all the faa paperwork complete. I will be using Sat tracking with
find
me spot http://www.findmespot.com/default.aspx on the flight.

Is that with or without a ferry tank?

No, With a tank and without it can go about 1,400NM

Old January 15th 08, 09:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:05:09 -0500, "Marco Leon"
wrote:

"John Smith" wrote in message

WOW!!!
8+56 westbound with one stop SIX-MINUTE TURN! and 7+44 eastbound
non-stop.

Man, that egg was cookin'! I had to look up the type of aircraft it was and
I'm surprised I've never come across reading about it (then again, I'm not a
big EAA guy). That's one hell of an endurance for a piston single.

Going to Colorado I used 64% of the fuel on board in 5 1/4 hours at
75% cruise. So I had a lot of time left in the tanks. That works out
to 8 plus hours although I'd not want to push my luck that far.

OTOH the Venture was one whale of an airplane. Looked like a Tadpole
and only a few were built. It's cycle ended when the builder/designer
augered in short of the runway with an engine problem (IIRC)

It was fast, efficient and had long legs.

Roger (K8RI)

Marco