Aviation Heritage Air Park 1

Old May 8th 10, 07:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_9_]

Default Aviation Heritage Air Park 1

--
Nick
Colonel, First Earth Air Force

Name:	P5063886.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	42542  Click image for larger version

Name:	P5063899.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	42543  Click image for larger version

Name:	P5063905.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	42544  Click image for larger version

Name:	P5063908.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	42545  Click image for larger version

Name:	P5063920.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	42546

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5063921.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	42547
Old May 8th 10, 07:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

Onardo 08/05/2010 07:11, Canuck wrote:

Superb! Thanks for posting.

®i©ardo

--
Moving things in still pictures

FastStone - Infinitely Flexible Photographic Fixing - For Free!

www.FastStone.org

Old May 9th 10, 04:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_9_]

"®i©ardo" wrote in message
Onardo 08/05/2010 07:11, Canuck wrote:

Superb! Thanks for posting.

®i©ardo

--
Moving things in still pictures

FastStone - Infinitely Flexible Photographic Fixing - For Free!

www.FastStone.org

Thanks! I'm glad someone liked them.

All of the pictures from that evenings shots are posted on my aviation photo
group on Google in a larger format. I sent out some of them on here too but
in a smaller format.

I had intended to try and get these types of images at the Aviation Heritage
Air Park for a while now. I love the place and go there now and again every
year just to ogle and gawk at the magnificent aircraft on display. So, I
kind of know the layout of the aircraft fairly well and the sight angles and
so on. I had composed the images in my head and had a rough idea from where
I wanted to shoot each one and I wanted to do it at dusk to get that look
and feel that I was after. Getting the setting sun effect on a collection of
aircraft like these imparts a sense of time and history (to me). Also, I'm
kind of still learning all the bells and whistles of my camera. Airplanes
are very willing subjects most of the time and you can experiment to your
hearts content providing you have enough light left. I had just finished
having a coffee with a buddy and had my camera gear with me. I was rather
surprised there was still as much light as there was but the conditions were
perfect so I took the drive over to the park and it worked out well.

I have an idea for one or two more shots of the Sabre and T-33 but it will
have to wait for another time. I ran out of light and my back gave out so
back to the car I went.

I just hope I didn't freak out base security too much. "What the hell is
this guy taking pictures of in the dark???" I'd like to take my tripod out
and get some shots at night. I think I might ask for permission first
because that might really freak someone out.

I'm hoping I feel up to the task and can go to the air show just across the
border in a couple of weeks. If so, I should have a whole bunch of new
photos to share!

Take care,

Nick

PS Is anyone from Winnipeg going or interested in going to the air show in
Grand Forks on the 22nd? Drop me a note on here.