Airbus A380 whistleblower article

Old October 2nd 05, 07:31 PM
Guy Elden Jr

Default Airbus A380 whistleblower article

I'd certainly be a little wary of the new plane after reading this, but
honestly, this does not surprise me in the least. The aviation industry
is concerned with money first, safety a far distant second.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q121218EB

Old October 2nd 05, 09:15 PM
John T

"Guy Elden Jr" wrote in message
oups.com

I'd certainly be a little wary of the new plane after reading this,
but honestly, this does not surprise me in the least. The aviation
industry is concerned with money first, safety a far distant second.

As long as we're supporting the theory of conspiracies (rooted in money),
consider he's an American working on a European airliner considered by many
to be a Boeing-killer. No possibility of ulterior motive there, right?

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old October 3rd 05, 12:59 AM
Larry Dighera

On 2 Oct 2005 11:31:21 -0700, "Guy Elden Jr"
wrote in .com::

I'd certainly be a little wary of the new plane after reading this, ...

Quote from :
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...?track=tottext

By Peter Pae, Times Staff Writer:
"Airbus, owned by Dutch and British companies, surpassed Boeing in
2003 as the world's largest maker of airliners."

After reading the above LA Times quote, I'm a little wary of Mr. Pae's
facts. Shouldn't that be "French" rather than "Dutch"?

Old October 3rd 05, 01:07 AM
James Robinson

Larry Dighera wrote:

Quote:

By Peter Pae, Times Staff Writer:
"Airbus, owned by Dutch and British companies, surpassed Boeing in
2003 as the world's largest maker of airliners."

After reading the above LA Times quote, I'm a little wary of Mr. Pae's
facts. Shouldn't that be "French" rather than "Dutch"?

German, British, French, and Spanish, plus some generally traded shares. No
Dutch, unless they own some of the common shares.
Old October 3rd 05, 01:27 AM
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 19:07:15 -0500, James Robinson
wrote in 42::

Larry Dighera wrote:

Quote:

By Peter Pae, Times Staff Writer:
"Airbus, owned by Dutch and British companies, surpassed Boeing in
2003 as the world's largest maker of airliners."

After reading the above LA Times quote, I'm a little wary of Mr. Pae's
facts. Shouldn't that be "French" rather than "Dutch"?

German, British, French, and Spanish, plus some generally traded shares. No
Dutch, unless they own some of the common shares.

Right.

Oh well, I guess we all misspeak at times. US Supreme Court Chief
Justice, the reputed brilliant, John Roberts certainly did while
speaking after being sworn in:
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/wa...ustice/?page=3

The process we have just completed epitomizes the separation of
powers that is enshrined in our Constitution.

My nomination was announced some 10 weeks ago here in the White
House, the home of the executive branch. This morning, further up
Pennsylvania Avenue, it was approved in the Capitol, the home of
the executive branch.

And, tomorrow, I will go into the Supreme Court building to join
my colleagues, the home of the judicial branch, to undertake my
duties.

Old October 3rd 05, 02:54 AM
Michelle P

This type of design may or may not be a problem depending on the fail
safe mode of the valves. Most pressurization valves I know of are are
spring loaded shut and require electrical and/or pneumatic power to be
opened.
Michelle

Old October 3rd 05, 06:00 AM
Montblack

("Larry Dighera" wrote)
Oh well, I guess we all misspeak at times. US Supreme Court Chief
Justice, the reputed brilliant, John Roberts certainly did while
speaking after being sworn in:

The one I'll alsways remember:

Hubert (Horatio) Humphrey
(Mayor of Mpls, MN Senator, VP under LBJ, 1968 Presidential candidate, MN
Senator again)

Humphrey's 1978 funeral - President Jimmy Carter's eulogy. Ooops!!
"I am speaking of a great man who should have been President and would have
been one of the greatest Presidents in history, Hubert Horatio Hornblower."

Montblack

Old October 3rd 05, 08:00 PM
Chris

"James Robinson" wrote in message
. 97.142...
Larry Dighera wrote:

Quote:

By Peter Pae, Times Staff Writer:
"Airbus, owned by Dutch and British companies, surpassed Boeing in
2003 as the world's largest maker of airliners."

After reading the above LA Times quote, I'm a little wary of Mr. Pae's
facts. Shouldn't that be "French" rather than "Dutch"?

German, British, French, and Spanish, plus some generally traded shares.
No
Dutch, unless they own some of the common shares.

A pathetic mistake by a journalist.

The Airbus majority shareholder company EADS NV has a Dutch addess viz

European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V.
Le Carré · Beechavenue 130-132 · 1119 PR Schiphol Rijk · The Netherlands.

Airbus itself is 80% owned by EADS and 20% by BAE Systems.

it took 2 minutes to find that out.

Old October 3rd 05, 09:25 PM

John T wrote:
"Guy Elden Jr" wrote in message
oups.com

I'd certainly be a little wary of the new plane after reading this,
but honestly, this does not surprise me in the least. The aviation
industry is concerned with money first, safety a far distant second.

As long as we're supporting the theory of conspiracies (rooted in money),
consider he's an American working on a European airliner considered by many
to be a Boeing-killer. No possibility of ulterior motive there, right?

Except that the pressurization system overall is being done by Hamliton
Sundstrand, part of UTC which si quite an American company, and Boeing
is apparently interested in using the parts this guy is blowing the
whistle on. Plus it's pretty clear this guy is digging himself a very
deep hole in terms of his own future. None of which proves that he is
right, not a crank, etc, but it does seem to reduce the possibilities.

-cwk.