Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam

Old July 20th 04, 05:43 AM
Bill Shatzer

BUFDRVR ) writes:
How much longer would the POWs have had to wait for
repatriation?

Recent interviews with former NVN government and military officers and the
publication of certain NVN documents reveal the U.S. anti-war effort actually
encouraged NVN to continue the conflict in hopes of getting the U.S. out of the
war entirely, including support for SVN.

There was never any possibility that they were going to -not- continue
the conflict - with or without the anti-war movement. They had, after all,
been fighting that conflict for more than two decades - since 1946 - and
were willing to invest indefinite lives and treasure.

There was simply no question that they were going to continue the conflict -
with or without a brief "pause" to let US troops withdraw "with honor".

--

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Old July 20th 04, 06:15 AM
Tom Cervo

Bernie Kozar, former QB of the Cleveland Browns graduated from a
4-year college after two years. He did it because he was smart
enough to complete a four-year program in two years. I also knew
a girl in college who got her microbilogy degree in three years.

Not hard, if you don't party.
Old July 20th 04, 06:21 AM
Billy Preston

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote

But have they no objection to war?

As a veteran, I have no objection to wars that serve the oppressed,
but I object to wars of conquest.

Old July 20th 04, 08:19 AM
WalterM140

But I'd like you to provide a quote that the NYT said what you suggest.

"The NYT said what I suggest."

-- Charlie Springer

So you don't have a source.

Walt
Old July 20th 04, 08:32 AM
WalterM140

That is the problem. The US Constitution gives the state legislature the
right to enact election law. The Florida Supreme Court CANNOT use the state
constitution to change those codes. See the article above.

Very interesting. Thanks.

Saw Howard Fineman of Newsweek on 'Hardball' last night. He said the Dems were
ouy-lawyered in 2000 and they had admitted as much. Kerry is working to be
better prepared this year.

Walt
Old July 20th 04, 11:23 AM
R Haskin

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:04:34 GMT,

In '83 we got the entire AT-38 fleet painted in a standard
blue-blue-gray gloss camo. That's still what is used by the 435th
doing the fighter lead-in portion of the SUPT syllabus.

IFF AT-38Cs are actually now painted in the 2-tone light gray paint scheme
used by the F-16.

Back circa '99 the decision was made by AETC to repaint both SUPT and IFF
T-38s a strange 2-tone gray color which we called the "cow" or "Gateway"
paint job. The idea was that all T-38s would be T-38Cs, and theoretically
interchangeable between missions and units.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...8C_Horn/02.jpg

The IFF guys were able to convince AETC to allow a new, different paint
scheme on IFF jets to reflect their "fighter" status, and thus this new
paintjob was born. They started getting this F-16 style paintjob in 2003
and the fleet is getting repainted as they go through depot.

http://www.flybyaviation.com/T-38C%2...003%20copy.jpg

Old July 20th 04, 01:18 PM
Jeff Crowell

Mary Shafer wrote:
The F-5 model with the long pointy nose (the F, maybe) spun more
easily and was extremely hard to recover. It took jettisoning the
canopy to break the spin, in fact. The T-38 and the other F-5s
weren't nearly so difficult to recover, but they weren't really easy,
either. The gouge about "easy to spin, easy to recover; hard to spin,
hard to recover" has a certain amount of truth to it.

The E's and F's we had at Top Gun in '81 had the shark nose mod
and leading edge extension. That they were spinnable was proven
(along with difficulty of recovery) when the skipper (MiG killer
Roy Cash) had to return one to the taxpayers.

We all talked about jettisoning the canopy and, in the case of the
2-seaters F's, directing the backseater to eject, in attempts to get
some nosedown pitch (the backseaters used to point out that
having the frontseater leave, instead, was more likely to work--
particularly since HE was the hamburger who had gotten you into
that fix anyway--given the realtive positions of the seats). Nobody
ever had to test the backseater idea, and I am skeptical about the
canopy idea. If you've got no airflow anyway, what good to throw
away the window? Then again, what do you have to lose?

Jeff

Old July 20th 04, 02:12 PM
George Z. Bush

"WalterM140" wrote in message

Would this be the Senate that contained something like 45-50
Democrats? None of whome could be inveigled into signing on?

Yeah, that's weird, isn't it? Tom Dashchle (sp) directed that no senator sign.

Walt

What are we talking about? It'd be nice if enough of the original topic had
been retained so that we wouldn't have to ask.

George Z.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve WalterM140 Military Aviation 196 June 14th 04 11:33 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM