Tiger down in Bristol, Penn.

Old May 30th 05, 07:46 PM
CC Rider

Default Tiger down in Bristol, Penn.

Aircraft Crashes: The pilot was doing traffic reporting duty when he
encountered trouble and was unable to land safely.

---

Bristol Township residents yesterday continued to praise the dead pilot
who steered his plane away from their homes before crashing Saturday,
while federal investigators removed the wreckage in hopes of finding a
cause.

Michael Titov, 20, of Huntingdon Valley, Montgomery County, was flying
alone when his small single-engine Grumann Aviation AA-1A crashed for an
undetermined reason.

Witnesses credited Titov with maneuvering the plane away from those on
the ground.

"The engine had clearly stalled, and it was obvious he was trying to
make it to the field," said Cathleen Piasecki, who saw the plane swoop
over her home. "He died trying to avoid hitting our houses."
Philadelphia Inquirer
Full Article
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...l/11771461.htm
(consult bugmenot.com if registration is requested)
Old May 30th 05, 09:42 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

CC Rider wrote:
"The engine had clearly stalled, and it was obvious he was trying to
make it to the field," said Cathleen Piasecki, who saw the plane swoop
over her home. "He died trying to avoid hitting our houses."
Philadelphia Inquirer
Full Article
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...l/11771461.htm

Another idiot wannabe aviation writer. I sent a complaining email. Of course,
I could be wrong: the NTSB official may well have said the "engine stalled". I
just have my doubts for some reason.

You have to look at the last paragraph of the story to see what I'm complaining
about. The writer clearly misquoted the NTSB official discussing another
Grumman crash involving the same company.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old May 31st 05, 12:48 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

BTIZ wrote:
I don't "sign up" to read public newspapers online...

Nor do I. I used that bugmenot.com website the original post included to get
around it. I had to go through two name/password combinations before I found
one that worked on the newspaper site:

Username:
Password: password

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old May 31st 05, 04:45 AM
Darrel Toepfer

CC Rider wrote:

Grumann Aviation AA-1A

Thats a Yankee, not a Tiger... Shame just the same though...
Old May 31st 05, 07:13 PM
Ron Natalie

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
BTIZ wrote:

I don't "sign up" to read public newspapers online...

Nor do I. I used that bugmenot.com website the original post included to get
around it. I had to go through two name/password combinations before I found
one that worked on the newspaper site:

Username:
Password: password

If you have FIREFOX as a browser, there's an add in called "bugmenot"
which will insert the logins for a variety of otherwise free sites.

Oddly enough when I went to register
as my email at
WASHINGTONPOST.COM I found someone had already done it so I had
to be
.
Old May 31st 05, 07:42 PM
Peter Duniho

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
If you have FIREFOX as a browser, there's an add in called "bugmenot"
which will insert the logins for a variety of otherwise free sites.

If you don't have the Firefox browser, you can still always go to
www.bugmenot.com