Dear Mary...

Old February 28th 04, 08:06 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Douglas Berry" wrote in message

Which is an unacceptable violation of the California Constitution,
Article 1, Section 31, because it discriminates on the basis of sex.

How is there discrimination if everyone is treated the same?

Old February 28th 04, 09:10 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Magda" wrote in message

Who is "everyone" ??

All consenting adults.

Those who can marry who they want, or those who can't ?

What consenting adults are not permitted to marry?

Old February 28th 04, 11:47 PM
Michael Wise

In article ,
Douglas Berry wrote:

I wish you all could have seen SF City Hall during the first week of
gay marriages. The place was filled with joy.

Hmmm, well I wasn't in the building (were you?), but I attended my son's
SF Unified School District's field trip to the SF Symphony (a block
away), and what I saw was a long line in front of city hall...some
making out in front of SFUSD first and second graders near them.

What does marriage mean to gays and lesbians? Thousands of people
slept on the sidewalk during a Pacific storm (heavy rains, high winds,
temps in the low 40s) for the chance to get married.

Yeah right. Did you see them "sleeping" there? I was downtown early
morning (7am) during that storm (which started at about 2am SF time) and
there were NO people in front of city hall. Are you just making this
stuff up?

--Mike
Old February 29th 04, 03:59 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Magda" wrote in message

Are you really that thick or are you just pretending to be
incommensurably stupid ?

I am neither. If you believe there are any consenting adults in the US that
are not permitted to marry by any action of any government body you simply
do not understand what marriage is. In short, I am not the one that is
thick or immeasurably stupid.

Old February 29th 04, 08:14 AM
Douglas Berry

Lo, many moons past, on Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:10:41 GMT, a stranger
called by some "Steven P. McNicoll"
came forth and told this tale in us.military.army

Those who can marry who they want, or those who can't ?

What consenting adults are not permitted to marry?

My friends Sylvan and Fred. They want to marry each other. They are
consenting adults. They are being discriminated against because of
the gender involved.

--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail

WE *ARE* UMA
Lemmings 404 Local
Old February 29th 04, 08:10 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Douglas Berry" wrote in message

My friends Sylvan and Fred. They want to marry each other. They are
consenting adults. They are being discriminated against because of
the gender involved.

Your friends are not being discriminated against. They cannot marry anyone
of their gender because marriage requires persons of different gender.

Old February 29th 04, 08:12 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Magda" wrote in message

I'll repeat myself (and others) : luckily for humanity, US is NOT the
only country on Earth, and in THREE OTHER COUNTRIES gays
are already allowed to marry, and it's just the beginning.

Gays are allowed to marry in the US.

Got it now, Mr Irremediably-Incommensurably Stupid ?

I've always had it. I've been trying to help you understand it. But it
appears that's simply beyond your ability.

Old March 1st 04, 01:03 AM
Douglas Berry

Lo, many moons past, on Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:10:30 GMT, a stranger
called by some "Steven P. McNicoll"
came forth and told this tale in us.military.army

"Douglas Berry" wrote in message
.. .

My friends Sylvan and Fred. They want to marry each other. They are
consenting adults. They are being discriminated against because of
the gender involved.

Your friends are not being discriminated against. They cannot marry anyone
of their gender because marriage requires persons of different gender.

Which discriminates on the basis of gender.

Or, to put it another way.. several years back, a young woman sued her
high school because she was not allowed to try out for the football
team as a place kicker. The rules for the league described football
as a boys sport, but the court ruled that the rules unfairly
discriminated.

So, moron, you can challenege things, and just because it's always
been done one way doesn't mean it's not discrimitory.

Old March 1st 04, 01:17 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Douglas Berry" wrote in message
news

Which discriminates on the basis of gender.

Nonsense. The state has no control over gender.

So, moron, you can challenege things, and just because it's always
been done one way doesn't mean it's not discrimitory.

Ah, the inevitable name-calling in lieu of a cogent argument.

Old March 1st 04, 04:45 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Magda" wrote in message

You'll have to wait, then - or else get married to your boyfriend
in Europe.

You're not even trying to understand this.