Who plays golf at Nellis?

Old July 20th 03, 09:45 PM
ArtKramr

Default Who plays golf at Nellis?

There has been talk here that retired military who play golf at Nellis call the
shots concerning traffic patterns.The most avid golfer at Nellis is the CO..And
nobody gives a damn what the retired military thinks or wants. You figure it
out.

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old July 20th 03, 10:30 PM
S. Sampson

"ArtKramr" wrote

There has been talk here that retired military who play golf at Nellis call the
shots concerning traffic patterns.The most avid golfer at Nellis is the CO..And
nobody gives a damn what the retired military thinks or wants. You figure it
out.

I think you need to talk to the CO. If he's the base commander, then he knows
all about the Flag briefing and the golf course slides with the flight path that crews
WILL fly to avoid the golfers who report every infraction.

No Flag gets underway without that briefing. I've been to about 4 of them (green
and red).

Old July 21st 03, 01:10 AM
Jughead

"S. Sampson" wrote in
:

I think you need to talk to the CO. If he's the base commander, then
he knows all about the Flag briefing and the golf course slides with
the flight path that crews WILL fly to avoid the golfers who report
every infraction.

No Flag gets underway without that briefing. I've been to about 4 of
them (green and red).

Then why not just move the golf course? The base is there primarily for the
purpose of flying airplanes. The golf course is there for MWR purposes.
Old July 21st 03, 01:37 AM
S. Sampson

"Jughead" wrote
"S. Sampson" wrote

I think you need to talk to the CO. If he's the base commander, then
he knows all about the Flag briefing and the golf course slides with
the flight path that crews WILL fly to avoid the golfers who report
every infraction.

No Flag gets underway without that briefing. I've been to about 4 of
them (green and red).

Then why not just move the golf course? The base is there primarily for the
purpose of flying airplanes. The golf course is there for MWR purposes.

It's not the base golf course. I think there is 3 of them downrange from the
southern departure. I might have the names wrong, but I believe they are
Desert Rose, Desert Pines, and Stallion Mountain...

I've been to all three, and there's not even any dark complexion white boys
in there. If you even look tribal or Mex, you might as well turn around at
the 7-11...

Old July 21st 03, 06:47 PM
Dan

Services/MWR are no longer funded by military budget. This occured sometime
in the late 80's while my father was in. All services are now
non-appropriated funds and must be self sufficient. I'm not sure if this is
each independent facility or just that the base services program has to be
profitable. That's why I'm not paying more for a meal at the Enlisted club
than I would for a number one from Burger King.

SSgt V
RAF Lakenheath, UK

Subject: Who plays golf at Nellis?
From: Jughead
Date: 7/20/03 11:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Wasn't Nellis far from any inhabited or even developed areas at one time?
I guess that's even more reason to tell those spoiled and swank golfers
to **** off and stop complaining about the jets.

I think they should close every golf course on every military base and

use the
money for greater family allowances for enlisted men. It's not right to

have
men defending our country living on food stamps.

Old July 21st 03, 10:40 PM
S. Sampson

"ArtKramr" wrote

I think they should close every golf course on every military base and use the
money for greater family allowances for enlisted men.

Enlisted men (or women) shouldn't be allowed to have a family :-)

Old July 22nd 03, 11:33 AM
buf3

"S. Sampson" wrote in message ...
"ArtKramr" wrote

I think they should close every golf course on every military base and use the
money for greater family allowances for enlisted men.

Enlisted men (or women) shouldn't be allowed to have a family :-)

Back in the mid 70s I had to respond to a complaint by a retired USAF
golfer who claimed that a B-52 had flown over him below 500 feet near
Carswell AFB, TX. The GCA tapes showed the BUFF at 1,500 feet.

Gene Myers