Govt Plates

Old November 23rd 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Govt Plates

Newps wrote:

Sam Spade wrote:

Newps wrote:

Sam Spade wrote:

And, in any case, the airlines cannot fly IFR in Class G airspace
except when conducting weather avoidance. And, since most of them
are above 14,500 these days that provision is mostly moot.

We have lots of uncontrolled airspace out here. Most of the smaller
airlines and air taxis have approval to fly in uncontrolled airspace.

I was speaking of the safe airlines.

You didn't know what you were talking about, that much is clear.

The FAA just doesn't learn from

its own history to let those jump jet airlines do that.

Don't know what a jump jet airline is. The size of an airline doesn't
affect safety. Most airlines now are under part 121.

If you think conducting operations under Part 121 assures a safe
operation I've got some great bridge property in New York I'd like to
sell you.
Old November 24th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Judah

"Jim Macklin" wrote in news:kD89h.31
:

Wichita, Kansas tower was removed from terminal building and
located in a secure building with no place to hide a bomb.

Topeka, Kansas, the tower was moved into the center of the
airport behind the fences.

All over the country, towers are being relocated, still on
the airport, but in a secure new building.

This doesn't sound like all over the country. This sounds like all over
Kansas.

I've seen The Wizard of Oz, and maybe some terrorists have too, but I gotta
tell you that I don't think Kansas is all that high on the International
Terrorist Target list...

I can't speak for Militiamen in or near Oklahoma, tho.
Old November 24th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

Springfield, IL too.

I haven't been everywhere.

At least a 1/4 century ago, during the Cold War, the FAA
began to build new, secure buildings for all their offices
and towers, moving them into buildings the feds controlled,
rather than being in terminal buildings controlled by local
airport boards. All these new buildings have the same sort
of security in the landscaping, access and structure.

"Judah" wrote in message
.. .
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in news:kD89h.31

Old November 24th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Jim Macklin wrote:

Springfield, IL too.

I haven't been everywhere.

At least a 1/4 century ago, during the Cold War, the FAA
began to build new, secure buildings for all their offices
and towers, moving them into buildings the feds controlled,
rather than being in terminal buildings controlled by local
airport boards. All these new buildings have the same sort
of security in the landscaping, access and structure.

See Denver. The controllers have to go thru the same TSA screening that
passengers do to get to work.
Old November 24th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

That will change with the new tower, when is it scheduled to
begin construction?

. ..

Old November 24th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

CITY AND COUNTY OF DENVER

DEPARTMENT OF AVIATION

NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR BIDS

CONTRACT NO. CE 64023

Parking Structure Mod 4 West

Denver, Colorado
January 30, 2006

Sealed bids for Contract No. CE 64023, Parking Structure Mod
4 West will be received no later than 2:00 PM, March 23,
2006 (ADDENDUM #5) Local Time at the Elrey Jeppesen Terminal
Building, Denver International Airport, 8400 Peña Blvd.,
Denver, Colorado 80249-6235, Level 6, northwest corner of
the inner core and south of the Denver Health Medical Center
in the room marked PRESS INTERVIEW ROOM. Bids must be time
stamped no later than 2:00 PM, March 23, 2006 (ADDENDUM #5),
immediately after which a public bid opening will commence.
Any bids to be submitted more than one hour prior to Bid
Opening shall be submitted at the office of Technical
Services, attention Nathan Jones, Room 8810, Airport Office
Building (AOB), Denver International Airport, 8500 Peña
Blvd., Denver, CO 80249-6340.

GENERAL STATEMENT OF WORK: This project will construct a
parking structure for approximately 1667 cars in five
floors. The precast structure will be located on the west
side of the terminal, south of the existing parking
structures and terminal. The structure will be precast
concrete with field applied concrete deck topping. The
project will also involve the construction of a retaining
wall to support the level 4 roadway. The Level 2 access
roadway will be realigned to expand the building site. The
surface parking lots will be reconfigured for the Level 2
access road work. The T-1 roadway north of the porject site
will be lower to accommodate bus and truck trafffic. The
existing parking module 3 west will be modified for the
attachment of vehicle/pedestrian bridges between the
existing parking modules and the module 4 west.

DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE: Contract documents, including
specifications, in the form of CDs, will be available for
purchase at the Technical Services Office, Department of
Aviation, Room 8810 Airport Office Building, 8500 Peña
Boulevard, Denver, Colorado 80249, at a cost of $1,250.00
per set (no refund) beginning January 31, 2006. You will be
receiving two CDs with two separate checks necessary and
payable to Airport Revenue Fund in the amounts of $250.00
and $1000.00. The $1000 check is refundable as specified in
the Sensitive Security Information section below.

SENSITIVE SECURITY INFORMATION (SSI): The Code of Federal
Regulations (CFR) 49 Part 1520 describes the handling and
protection of SSI and, among other things, the release of
information that the Transportation Secuirty
Administration(TSA) has determined may reveal a systemic
vulnerability of the aviation system or a vulnerability of
aviation facilities to attack. A protion if this project has
been designated as containing Sensitive Security
Information(SSI). Therefore with the SSI designation,
special documentation release, control and tracking
procedures will be in effect.

1) Documents Available: Contract documents, including
specifications, will be available at the Technical Services
Office, Department of Aviation, Room 8810 Airport Office
Building, 8500 Peña Boulevard, Denver, Colorado 80249 on
January 31, 2006.

2) A Security Deposit for each serialized compact disc
containing the SSI information in the amount of One Thousand
Dollars and no cents ($1,000.00) (refundable) is required.
Payment will be accepted in the form of a check made payable
to: Airport Revenue Fund.

3) A person of responsibility within the Bidder's
organization must pick up the documents and be prepared to
sign, in the presence of a Denver International Airport
representative, a confidentiality and non-disclosure
Agreement. A copy of this agreement can be obtained from the
following website:
http://www.flydenver.com/biz/bizops/biz_forms.asp. Documents
will not be released to courier services, company delivery
drivers, messengers, etc. Documents will only be released to
a person having the designation of Project Manager,
Superintendent or higher in the Bidder's organization. The
Project Manager, Superintendent, President, Owner or etc
must have a business card with the organizational position
title clearly indicated. Documents will not be released
unless these conditions are met.

4) The Bidder must be prepared to control and track the
release of the bid documents to subcontractors, suppliers,
material men, etc according to the guidelines outlined in
the Department of Aviation Standard Policies and Procedures
No. 6003. A copy of the Department of Aviation Standard
Policies and Procedures No. 6003 can be obtained from the
following website:
http://www.flydenver.com/biz/bizops/biz_forms.asp.

5) The Security Deposit will be refunded to the Bidder
upon return of the serialized compact disc along with the
SSI RETURN OR DESTRUCTION COMPLIANCE FORM contained in the
Department of Aviation Standard Policies and Procedures No.
6003.

PREQUALIFICATION: Each bidder must be pre-qualified in the
category of CE-5, Structural Contractor, and must request
special permission to be prequalified on a
project-by-project basis for contracts over Twenty-five
Million Dollars ($25,000,000.00) in accordance with the
City's Rules and Regulations Governing Prequalification of
Contractors. Each bidder must have submitted a
prequalification application and request special permission
a minimum of seven (7) calendar days prior to the bid
opening date. Applications must be returned to the
Department of Public Works, Wastewater Management Division,
Prequalification Section, 2000 West 3rd Avenue, Denver, CO
80223. To view the Rules and Regulations and to obtain a
prequalification application, please visit our website at
http://www.denvergov.org/admin/templ...ification2.pdf,
or call 303.446.3466 for prequalification information ONLY.

PRE-BID CONFERENCE AND INSPECTION: All bidders are invited
to a pre-bid conference at 10:00 AM, February 7, 2006, at
the Elrey Jeppesen Terminal Building, Denver International
Airport, 8400 Peña Blvd., Denver, CO 80249-6235, Level 6,
northwest corner of the inner core and south of the Denver
Health Medical Clinic in the room marked PRESS INTERVIEW
ROOM. A site visit will be conducted immediately following
the Pre-Bid Conference.

SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISE PARTICIPATION: Construction,
reconstruction and remodeling contracts made and entered
into by the City and County of Denver are subject to Article
VII, Division 1 of Chapter 28 of the Denver Revised
Municipal Code, (D.R.M.C.) and all Small Business Enterprise
Utilization and Equal Employment Opportunity Rules and
Regulations adopted by the Director of the Small Business
Opportunity Division (formerly known as the Mayor's Office
of Contract Compliance).

Article VII, Division 1 of Chapter 28 of the D.R.M.C.
directs the Director of the Small Business Opportunity
Division to establish a project goal for expenditures on
construction, reconstruction and remodeling work contracted
by the City and County of Denver. The specific goal for
this project is 12% Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
Participation.

Project goals must be met with certified participants as set
forth in Section 28-206, D.R.M.C. or through the
demonstration of sufficient good faith effort under Section
28-208, D.R.M.C. For compliance with good faith effort
requirements under Section 28-208 (b) (2) (a) the SBE
percentage solicitation level required for this project is
50%.

The Director of the Small Business Opportunity Division
urges all participants in City construction, reconstruction
and remodeling projects to assist in achieving these goals.

NON DISCRIMINATION IN THE AWARD OF CITY CONTRACTS: It is the
policy of the City and County of Denver to prohibit
discrimination in the award of construction contracts and
subcontracts for public improvements. Further, the City and
County of Denver encourages contractors to utilize minority
and women owned businesses and to divide the construction
work into economically feasible units or segments to allow
the most opportunity for subcontracting.

MISCELLANEOUS: As its best interests may appear, the City
and County of Denver reserves the right to reject any or all
bids and to waive informalities in bids.

The work under the Contract is subject to minimum wage rates
established by the City and County of Denver Career Service
Board.

Vicki Braunagel & Turner West

Co-Managers of Aviation

Publication Dates: January 30, 2006, January 31, 2006,
February 1, 2006

"Jim Macklin" wrote
in message ...

Old November 24th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Jim Macklin wrote:
That will change with the new tower, when is it scheduled to
begin construction?

That is the new tower.
Old November 24th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Jim Macklin wrote:

CITY AND COUNTY OF DENVER

DEPARTMENT OF AVIATION

NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR BIDS

If you knew anything about Denver you would know what's going on. The
tower controllers have to park in a remote parking lot and take a bus
and a tram to the terminal. Walk thru the terminal and go thru security
to get to the entrance to the tower. It literally takes a half hour to
get to work once you've parked your car at the airport.

Old November 24th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

Then when do they build the new terminal?

. ..

Old November 24th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

I guess they don't want the controllers bringing their car
bombs.

. ..