40 years

Old July 18th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default 40 years

http://tinyurl.com/npfnpq

plus a dash of situation awareness
Old July 19th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael[_7_]

On Jul 18, 5:05*pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/npfnpq

plus a dash of situation awareness

A really cool thing I am enjoying over the weekend is that the John F.
Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is replying the Apollo 11
mission audio in real time at http://wechoosethemoon.org. It has some
nice animations showing the what is going on. As I post this, the
audio is silent and the spacecraft is behind the moon (loss of signal)
doing the lunar orbital insertion burn. Landing is in a little over
26 hours (forty years ago....).

--Michael
Old July 19th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 10:29:27 -0700, Michael wrote:

On Jul 18, 5:05Â*pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/npfnpq

plus a dash of situation awareness

A really cool thing I am enjoying over the weekend is that the John F.
Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is replying the Apollo 11
mission audio in real time at http://wechoosethemoon.org. It has some
nice animations showing the what is going on. As I post this, the audio
is silent and the spacecraft is behind the moon (loss of signal) doing
the lunar orbital insertion burn. Landing is in a little over 26 hours
(forty years ago....).

Here's the NASA's riposte to the "it was all shot in Universal's back
lot" conspiracy theorists: the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's photos of
the Apollo landing sites.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LR...dia/lroimages/
apollosites.html

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old July 19th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vaughn[_2_]

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
Here's the NASA's riposte to the "it was all shot in Universal's back
lot" conspiracy theorists: the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's photos of
the Apollo landing sites.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LR...dia/lroimages/
apollosites.html

Photoshopped! ;-)

You can never prove anything to a conspiracy theorist. The new pictures are
actually for the rest of us.

Vaughn

Old July 19th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:46:31 -0400, vaughn wrote:

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
Here's the NASA's riposte to the "it was all shot in Universal's back
lot" conspiracy theorists: the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's photos of
the Apollo landing sites.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LR...dia/lroimages/
apollosites.html

Photoshopped! ;-)

You can never prove anything to a conspiracy theorist.

Yeah, I know. I was kidding. Ya gotta feel sorry for them, though: it
must be hell to be in love with a conspiracy rather than another person!

BTW, http://www.apolloarchive.com/ is worth bookmarking if you haven't
already. It contains all available digitised Apollo photos as well as
links to related sites.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old August 7th 09, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TonyV[_2_]

Frank Whiteley wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/npfnpq

IMHO, Lane Wallace is an outstanding aviation writer. A worthy successor
to Gordon Baxter.

Tony V.
Old August 8th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

At 03:04 07 August 2009, TonyV wrote:

IMHO, Lane Wallace is an outstanding aviation writer. A worthy successor

to Gordon Baxter.

Well, she'll never replace Bax, but she's pretty good
in her own write.

A few years back she devoted her column to the sailplane
experience, riding in, as I recall, a two-seat Grob. I was
disappointed that she didn't seem overly impressed with
the experience.

Jim Beckman

12 years after TWA 800 PINKfloyd Piloting 4 July 17th 08 06:27 AM
12 Years Jim[_10_] Naval Aviation 9 June 20th 08 12:43 PM
Could have been taken 40 years ago Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 8 October 2nd 07 10:15 AM
Fly-in B&B for new years Nick Kliewer Instrument Flight Rules 11 December 27th 05 11:44 PM
100 years Gunnar Military Aviation 6 December 18th 03 09:58 AM