Soaring in Slovenia

Old December 19th 17, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring in Slovenia

We're planning a trip this summer to Slovenia, and I would like to find a club or commercial glider port where I could spend 2-3 days soaring. I have a glider rating in the U.S. and have flown a couple times in Germany at DASSU (Great place, by the way!). Based on my experience in Germany, I assume I would need to fly with an instructor in Slovenia. Does anyone have an experience they could share about soaring in Slovenia while on vacation. Should I be looking at locations other than Lesce-Bled?
Thanks!
Tim
Old December 19th 17, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Tim,

You may want to ask the people at Naviter and LXNAV and LX Navigation. Andrej from Naviter flies from the airport in or near Kranj. The LXNAV and LX Navigation teams keeps their gliders at the airport in Celje.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
__________________________

Old December 19th 17, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 18:53 19 December 2017, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Tim,=20

You may want to ask the people at Naviter and LXNAV and LX

Navigation.
And=
rej from Naviter flies from the airport in or near Kranj. The LXNAV

and
LX=
Navigation teams keeps their gliders at the airport in Celje. =20

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
__________________________

or try http://soaring.si

Old December 20th 17, 09:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Principal Secretary Cad

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 11:36:03 PM UTC+5:30, wrote:
We're planning a trip this summer to Slovenia, and I would like to find a club or commercial glider port where I could spend 2-3 days soaring. I have a glider rating in the U.S. and have flown a couple times in Germany at DASSU (Great place, by the way!). Based on my experience in Germany, I assume I would need to fly with an instructor in Slovenia. Does anyone have an experience they could share about soaring in Slovenia while on vacation. Should I be looking at locations other than Lesce-Bled?
Thanks!
Tim

Dear Tim
We are very active gliding school in INDIA at Jharkhand.In ourfleet 3 Motorgliders and 1 sailplane l23 is airworthy. I invite you to visit this place and enjoy the hill soaring with us. we arte operating throghout the Year. The cost of flying is subsidised by Govt.of Jharkhand.Please visit India and Enjoy the Flights.
Capt S.P.Sinha
Instructor/Examiner
Old December 21st 17, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 4:49:40 AM UTC-5, Principal Secretary Cad wrote:
Dear Tim
We are very active gliding school in INDIA at Jharkhand.In ourfleet 3 Motorgliders and 1 sailplane l23 is airworthy. I invite you to visit this place and enjoy the hill soaring with us. we arte operating throghout the Year.. The cost of flying is subsidised by Govt.of Jharkhand.Please visit India and Enjoy the Flights.
Capt S.P.Sinha
Instructor/Examiner

I found this story about Capt S.P. Sinha flying gliders in India. Welcome to this forum Captain S.P. Sinha!

http://www.dailypioneer.com/state-ed...-reported.html

Old December 21st 17, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 10:06:03 AM UTC-8, wrote:
We're planning a trip this summer to Slovenia, and I would like to find a club or commercial glider port where I could spend 2-3 days soaring. I have a glider rating in the U.S. and have flown a couple times in Germany at DASSU (Great place, by the way!). Based on my experience in Germany, I assume I would need to fly with an instructor in Slovenia. Does anyone have an experience they could share about soaring in Slovenia while on vacation. Should I be looking at locations other than Lesce-Bled?
Thanks!
Tim

Tim,

I flew at Aeroclub ALC Lesce-Bled in a DG-500 with a club pilot in 2015. It's a short drive from the popular summer holiday and tourist destination Lake Bled. Spectacular mountain and ridge soaring in southern Alps bordering Austria. Great fun to see all the mountain hikers below too. Not all the club members speak English, but there were enough so that I could get up in the air without any fuss. I made a booking online in advance as well. I had a demonstration flight, so I'm not aware of the extra hurdles that you will have to jump to be PIC yourself. Recommended.

http://www.alc-lesce.si/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesce-Bled_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Bled

James Cooper
Evergreen Soaring

Old December 21st 17, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 10:06:03 AM UTC-8, wrote:
We're planning a trip this summer to Slovenia, and I would like to find a club or commercial glider port where I could spend 2-3 days soaring. I have a glider rating in the U.S. and have flown a couple times in Germany at DASSU (Great place, by the way!). Based on my experience in Germany, I assume I would need to fly with an instructor in Slovenia. Does anyone have an experience they could share about soaring in Slovenia while on vacation. Should I be looking at locations other than Lesce-Bled?
Thanks!
Tim

One other comment: Aeroclub ALC Lesce-Bled is the default airport in the Condor simulator

James Cooper
Old December 21st 17, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions so far!
James: We actually know each other through Condor. I'm so used to using Condor with U.S. sites, it hadn't occurred to me that Lesce-Bled is the default airport. I thought that name sounded familiar!
Tim

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 3:01:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:

One other comment: Aeroclub ALC Lesce-Bled is the default airport in the Condor simulator

James Cooper

gliding in Slovenia Jan Atherton[_2_] Soaring 2 September 23rd 15 08:02 PM
2011 Southwest Soaring Championships - Labor Day Weekend at Turf Soaring Tuno Soaring 0 August 26th 11 12:49 AM
Soaring in Bled, Slovenia AJM Soaring 0 June 8th 10 02:25 PM
Soaring sites - N. Italy, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia. Roy Clark, B6 Soaring 3 July 23rd 06 03:11 AM
Soaring Server/Worldwide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange back online John Leibacher Soaring 0 June 21st 04 05:25 PM