Question about Add on Aircraft

Old August 8th 03, 05:50 AM
Dudley Henriques

Default Question about Add on Aircraft

I have a question.
Do simulator software developers use the default key assignments in FS2K2
(or any sim for that matter that their aircraft is designed to be used
in)....when they design an add on aircraft to be used in that simulator?
Reason I ask is this. Can changing the default key assignments to another
key....say the idle cutoff from cntrl/shift/F1 to say...cntrl/q for example,
foul up an installation of an add on aircraft? Keep in mind I'm not talking
about controller button assignments. That doesn't change the default key
that function is assigned to in the simulator. I'm just talking about
changing key assignments only and asking if changing them might cause
conflicts with add on aircraft!!!
Thanks.
Dudley

Old August 8th 03, 03:54 PM
Dudley Henriques

Many thanks. I guess this isn't the problem. I'll keep looking.

"Handsome" wrote in message
I imagine the only conflict to be wary about is if you assign a key/key
combo that already has an assignment. You will loose the original
assignment. If you attempt this however a warning will appear to tell you
what the original assignment is.

In FS2002, all key assignments are recorded in the FS2002.cfg file so they
do not make any changes in any aircraft configuration.
I assume '04 is the same.

All the main key commands seem consitent with all addon and default

aircraft
in my experience.........so if you make an assignment change it will apply
to all your a/c.

Hope this helps in some way.

Martin

nk.net...