Fuel & Breakfast stops on the way to Oshkosh

Old July 13th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Eric Bartsch

Default Fuel & Breakfast stops on the way to Oshkosh

Are there any recommendations for places in Southern Wisc or Northern
IL that have a restaurant on the field & fuel available? I'll be coming
up past Kankakee (IKK) toward Rockford (RFD) and then North towards
Oshkosh. It will probably be about 11AM when we're in that area so
either good breakfast or lunch stops would be good.

Any advice on where to go (or where not to go) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric
1959 Pilatus P-3 A-848
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html

Old July 14th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

Eric,
KJVL, Janesville WI would be right on your way. Taxi-up resturant on the
field with good skillet breakfast.
Jim

oups.com...

Old July 14th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John T[_1_]

Lone Rock (LNR) has a small on field resturaunt, the "Picaddly lilly",
and fuel. the PL is only open til 2PM though.

Old July 14th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Eric Bartsch

Jim Burns wrote:
Eric,
KJVL, Janesville WI would be right on your way. Taxi-up resturant on the
field with good skillet breakfast.
Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the recommendation. I hadn't even thought of JVL but I've
actually flown into there 3 times before to visit relatives. I think
the FBO I've parked at is across the runway from where the terminal
(and probably the restaurant) is.

Thanks,
Eric

Old July 14th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

NP. Madison also has a restaurant although I haven't eaten there. If you
get pushed north west of MSN for some reason, Reedsburg, C35 is just across
the street from several restaurants. As John mentioned, LNR, straight west
of MSN is only open until 2pm, but have great food, pancakes the size of DC3
tires! But if your route will be via KELSI then RFD you can usually get
direct JVL once Chicago hands you off to RFD Approach.

Old July 14th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_1_]

The restaurant in Madison is great- taxi right up to the front and go in the
brand new FBO.

Old July 14th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Nathan Young

On 13 Jul 2006 15:54:22 -0700, "Eric Bartsch"
wrote:

Are there any recommendations for places in Southern Wisc or Northern
IL that have a restaurant on the field & fuel available? I'll be coming
up past Kankakee (IKK) toward Rockford (RFD) and then North towards
Oshkosh. It will probably be about 11AM when we're in that area so
either good breakfast or lunch stops would be good.

Morris (C09) has good fuel prices, an on-field restaurant with a good
buffet. This is about 30 NW of IKK.

Old July 20th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article .com,
"Eric Bartsch" wrote:

Are there any recommendations for places in Southern Wisc or Northern
IL that have a restaurant on the field & fuel available? I'll be coming
up past Kankakee (IKK) toward Rockford (RFD) and then North towards
Oshkosh. It will probably be about 11AM when we're in that area so
either good breakfast or lunch stops would be good.

Any advice on where to go (or where not to go) would be appreciated.

1C5 Bolingbrook's Clow International Airport
Bolingbrook, Illinois, USA

There is a restaurant on the field.