Missing .028??

Old July 18th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
mhorowit

Default Missing .028??

I'm looking at my tubing catalog and see 3/4"(.750) having a wall
thickness of .028 and an ID of .694. Now .694 + .028 = .722. I seem to
have lost .028 somewhere!

Anyone have an insight? - Mike

Old July 18th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
JKimmel

mhorowit wrote:

Anyone have an insight? - Mike

You need to check your math. When you figure it out, you need to cancel
your post, if possible.

--
J Kimmel

www.metalinnovations.com

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have
their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow.
Old July 18th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Ammeter

mhorowit wrote:
I'm looking at my tubing catalog and see 3/4"(.750) having a wall
thickness of .028 and an ID of .694. Now .694 + .028 = .722. I seem to
have lost .028 somewhere!

Anyone have an insight? - Mike

I read this post right after getting the below email...

Such good timing...

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:

I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call
the local township administrative office to request the removal of the
Deer Crossing sign on our road.
The reason:
"Too many deer are being hit by cars out here!
I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."
From Kingman, KS.

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She
asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he
was sorry, but they only had iceberg.
He was a Chef?
Yep...From Kansas City!

IDIOT SIGHTING:

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport
employee asked,!
"Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?
To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I
know?"
He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."
Happened in Birmingham, Ala

IDIOT SIGHTING:

The stoplight on the corner buzzes when its safe to cross the
street.
I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine.
She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for.
I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing
driving?!"
She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS

IDIOT SIGHTING:

At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker.
She was leaving the company due to "downsizing."
Our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun. We should do this
more often."
Not another word was spoken.
We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights
stare.
This was a bunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into
itself and for the sake of her own life, couldn't understand why her
system would not turn on.
A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office no less.
__________________________________________________ __

IDIOT SIGHTING:

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick
up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the
service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the
drivers side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively
tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I
announced to the technician, "its open!"
His reply, "I know - I already got that side."
This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi!

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us . and they REPRODUCE

Old July 18th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
mhorowit

Thanks, don't know how I missed that - MIke
T o d d P a t t i s t wrote:
"mhorowit" wrote:

I'm looking at my tubing catalog and see 3/4"(.750) having a wall
thickness of .028 and an ID of .694. Now .694 + .028 = .722. I seem to
have lost .028 somewhere!

Anyone have an insight?

0.75" tubing has two walls of thickness 0.028" and one ID of
0.694" inside one OD of .750"

--
T o d d P a t t i s t
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

Make a commitment to learn something from every flight.
Share what you learn.

Old July 18th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
mhorowit

John - not entirely helpful

Old July 18th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

T o d d P a t t i s t wrote:
"mhorowit" wrote:

I'm looking at my tubing catalog and see 3/4"(.750) having a wall
thickness of .028 and an ID of .694. Now .694 + .028 = .722. I seem to
have lost .028 somewhere!

Anyone have an insight?

0.75" tubing has two walls of thickness 0.028" and one ID of
0.694" inside one OD of .750"

Well for the sake of either pedantry or jocularity I'll point out
that it only has ONE wall of thickness 0.028".

The Outside Diameter of the tubing crosses that wall twice.

--

FF

Old July 18th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
mhorowit

wrote:

The Outside Diameter of the tubing crosses that wall twice.

FF

Yes it does indeed - MIke

Old July 18th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
mhorowit

JKimmel wrote:
mhorowit wrote:

Anyone have an insight? - Mike

You need to check your math. When you figure it out, you need to cancel
your post, if possible.

--
J Kimmel

www.metalinnovations.com

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have
their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow.

I was using the formula for mobius tubing - Mike

Old July 18th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Foley[_1_]

"mhorowit" wrote in message
oups.com...
John - not entirely helpful

OK, Maybe it's a wooden tube and was measured green.

Old July 18th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
R.W. Behan

Hey, c'mon, guys. This was an easy mistake to make. Who among us hasn't
done something similar?

Dick

"John Ammeter" wrote in message

mhorowit wrote:
I'm looking at my tubing catalog and see 3/4"(.750) having a wall
thickness of .028 and an ID of .694. Now .694 + .028 = .722. I seem to
have lost .028 somewhere!

Anyone have an insight? - Mike

I read this post right after getting the below email...

Such good timing...

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:

I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the
local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer
Crossing sign on our road.
The reason:
"Too many deer are being hit by cars out here!
I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."
From Kingman, KS.