Schweizer 2-33 brake drum:

Old September 1st 20, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Hill

Default Schweizer 2-33 brake drum:

The Albuquerque Soaring Club is in need of a brake drum for it's 2-33, but would also settle for the entire wheel assembly. Please give me a call if you are able to sell us said equipment.
My contact number is 505-328-1492
Old September 1st 20, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Monday, August 31, 2020 at 7:50:40 PM UTC-5, Bill Hill wrote:
The Albuquerque Soaring Club is in need of a brake drum for it's 2-33, but would also settle for the entire wheel assembly. Please give me a call if you are able to sell us said equipment.
My contact number is 505-328-1492

Have you tried K&L Soaring?
Old September 1st 20, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Hill

On Monday, August 31, 2020 at 7:36:28 PM UTC-6, Tony wrote:
On Monday, August 31, 2020 at 7:50:40 PM UTC-5, Bill Hill wrote:
The Albuquerque Soaring Club is in need of a brake drum for it's 2-33, but would also settle for the entire wheel assembly. Please give me a call if you are able to sell us said equipment.
My contact number is 505-328-1492

Have you tried K&L Soaring?

Yes. they only have new ones for sale, but thanks for the suggestion.
Old September 1st 20, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have a brake drum that I bought a long time ago for a club 2-33 that never got used for one reason or another. It has a Wicks Aircraft part number that doesn't seem to exist anymore. 4 and a half inch ID. I could send a picture if it sounds like this might help.

Jim Beckman
jamesbeckman at comcast dot net
Old September 1st 20, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Hill

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 8:56:12 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I have a brake drum that I bought a long time ago for a club 2-33 that never got used for one reason or another. It has a Wicks Aircraft part number that doesn't seem to exist anymore. 4 and a half inch ID. I could send a picture if it sounds like this might help.

Jim Beckman
jamesbeckman at comcast dot net

Jim:

Yes please send a photo. How much are you asking for it?
Old September 2nd 20, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 2:03:55 PM UTC-4, Bill Hill wrote:
On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 8:56:12 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I have a brake drum that I bought a long time ago for a club 2-33 that never got used for one reason or another. It has a Wicks Aircraft part number that doesn't seem to exist anymore. 4 and a half inch ID. I could send a picture if it sounds like this might help.

Jim Beckman
jamesbeckman at comcast dot net

Jim:

Yes please send a photo. How much are you asking for it?

Part number for the wheel assy is 3050A, Cleveland 40-7. Searching the Parker catalog should provide the part number for the drum, if needed.
UH
Old September 2nd 20, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 2:03:55 PM UTC-4, Bill Hill wrote:

Yes please send a photo. How much are you asking for it?

Send a photo where?

I remember looking this up as a replacement part
for the Cleveland wheel assembly on the 2-33.

If it's the part you need, you can have it.

Jim Beckman