Grounded - Where to get rid of the Building Materials?

Old July 9th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rocketeer

Default Grounded - Where to get rid of the Building Materials?

Hi Folks:

The FAA made it official, and I appealed all the way, but the heart
monitor put the stake in the plans I made. I am grounded. I was going
to build a Renegade, Charlie Lasher's Formula V from the 80's.

So, I have to forget building the plane. I have $300.00 of Wicks
chrome-moly 4130 in 6' lengths, of 4 different diameters. Where can I
get this stuff sold?

And I have the plans, if anyone is interested.

Curtis Scholl

Old July 9th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Rocketeer wrote:
Hi Folks:

The FAA made it official, and I appealed all the way, but the heart
monitor put the stake in the plans I made. I am grounded. I was going
to build a Renegade, Charlie Lasher's Formula V from the 80's.

So, I have to forget building the plane. I have $300.00 of Wicks
chrome-moly 4130 in 6' lengths, of 4 different diameters. Where can I
get this stuff sold?

And I have the plans, if anyone is interested.

Curtis Scholl

I would help if you posted your location. Odds are some one local would
want to get it less shipping.

Tony
Old July 10th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

Can't you return it to wicks for a restocking fee?

Old July 10th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
R.W. Behan

Well, bummer, Rocketeer. But you pushed it to the limit, and that commands
a lot of respect. Most people hang it up long before they're told to, timid
and hesitant and halting. Take your spirit and apply it to something new
and challenging. Maybe build a sailboat and take it offshore....

Cheers, and thanks for a great example,

Dick Behan

oups.com...

Old July 10th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dave S

John Kimmel wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:

Hi Folks:

you don't
need to pass the FAA physical to fly an airplane.

Maybe to fly on his terms, he does...

Sorry to hear you are hanging up your hat, rocketeer..
Old July 10th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot

On 9 Jul 2006 12:36:40 -0700, "Rocketeer" wrote:

Hi Folks:

The FAA made it official, and I appealed all the way, but the heart
monitor put the stake in the plans I made. I am grounded. I was going
to build a Renegade, Charlie Lasher's Formula V from the 80's.

So, I have to forget building the plane. I have $300.00 of Wicks
chrome-moly 4130 in 6' lengths, of 4 different diameters. Where can I
get this stuff sold?

And I have the plans, if anyone is interested.

Curtis Scholl

have you ever thought that posting the details here might just have
the solution you seek?

$300 of 4130 in 6ft lengths. that is a dumb post really.
what diameters? what number of lengths? what price?
what wall thicknesses? any corrosion?
and as the other chap posted, where in the world are you?

Stealth Pilot
Old July 11th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard Craig

Old July 11th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_3_]

"Richard Craig" wrote

Stealth Pilot - Trying to make new friends, are we? You're in Australia,
right? If Rocketeer ordered from Wicks, I'd bet the tubing is somewhere

in
North America. Are you really interested in it, considering the likely
expense to get it to you? If you are interested, why the attitude? If
you're not interested, why comment at all?

Perhaps he was saying what everyone else was too shy to post?

All he said really NEEDED to be said, if someone were to going to have an
interest in it.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 12th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tom Wait

"Rocketeer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Folks:

The FAA made it official, and I appealed all the way, but the heart
monitor put the stake in the plans I made. I am grounded. I was going
to build a Renegade, Charlie Lasher's Formula V from the 80's.

So, I have to forget building the plane. I have $300.00 of Wicks
chrome-moly 4130 in 6' lengths, of 4 different diameters. Where can I
get this stuff sold?

And I have the plans, if anyone is interested.

Curtis Scholl

The obvious place is OSH at the Areo-Mart. If your not going, maybe someone
in your chapter is. You do belong to a chapter, don't you?
Tom

Old July 13th 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Brother, I am sorry it didn't work out for you. I CAN relate.

I accumulated the materials amd plans to build a Bounsall Super
Prospector, all the tubing (I live right over the hill from
Dillsburg, so tubing was mill-length), spar blanks, and rib material.
But vertigo has become my constant companion. I took the whole works
to the local chapter hanger and donated it all - around $700 worth.
Maybe it will be used to teach some young people to build and fly..

Flash