Avro Lancaster - French Lanc 3.jpg (1/1)

Old January 27th 08, 12:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_2_] Mitchell Holman[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Avro Lancaster - French Lanc 3.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	French Lanc 3.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	21956
Old January 27th 08, 01:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

Fascinating!! :-)

An English civilian G registration with a QANTAS Kangaroo "logo" near the
fuselage roundrel and on the nose near the Shell Petroleum logo.
Do you have anymore background on this Lanc??

Thankyou
Graham

Old January 27th 08, 01:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
P & H Macguire[_2_]

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

Is that a B-25 in the background?

Pat Macguire

Old January 27th 08, 02:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:06:39 +0000, TacAN wrote
(in message ):

Fascinating!! :-)

An English civilian G registration with a QANTAS Kangaroo "logo" near the
fuselage roundrel and on the nose near the Shell Petroleum logo.
Do you have anymore background on this Lanc??

In truth it's a UK registration but I'll let that pass. More
details are he

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contri...urice/5228.htm

Old January 27th 08, 04:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Whiley

"Netko" wrote in message
x.com...
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:06:39 +0000, TacAN wrote
(in message ):

Fascinating!! :-)

An English civilian G registration with a QANTAS Kangaroo "logo" near the
fuselage roundrel and on the nose near the Shell Petroleum logo.
Do you have anymore background on this Lanc??

In truth it's a UK registration but I'll let that pass. More
details are he

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contri...urice/5228.htm

She looks rather different these days, and is still in working order
(taxiing, not flying - she lacks both the necessary certification and access
to a runway. Still, listening to four Merlins from the inside is quite an
experience).

See http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/lancaster_nx611_'just_jane'.cfm and
http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/home.cfm for an update on her recent history.

--
Dave

not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancaster NX611 2005-08-18-01.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	21957
Old January 27th 08, 04:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Joseph Testagrose

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:06:39 GMT, "TacAN" wrote:

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

Fascinating!! :-)

An English civilian G registration with a QANTAS Kangaroo "logo" near the
fuselage roundrel and on the nose near the Shell Petroleum logo.
Do you have anymore background on this Lanc??

Thankyou
Graham

This Lancaster NX611 went to the French Navy, then became G-ASXX in
1964 for the Historic Aircraft Preservation Society. Delivered to
Biggin Hill 1965. Was a gate guard at RAF Scampton 1974 to 1982 and
moved to the Aviation Heritage Centre in 1988. Restored to taxy
condition 1995 as "Just Jane".

Old January 28th 08, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

"P & H Macguire" wrote in message

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

Is that a B-25 in the background?

Pat Macguire

Sure looks like one. :-)

That car on the extreme right - is that a Wolseley 24/80???
My flying instructor had one of those back in the 60's.
I had at one time a Wolseley 1500 - sweetest little car I ever owned - I
still kick myself for selling it. :-/

Graham

Old January 28th 08, 01:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

"TacAN" wrote in message

"P & H Macguire" wrote in message

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

Is that a B-25 in the background?

Pat Macguire

Sure looks like one. :-)

That car on the extreme right - is that a Wolseley 24/80???
My flying instructor had one of those back in the 60's.
I had at one time a Wolseley 1500 - sweetest little car I ever owned - I
still kick myself for selling it. :-/

Graham

[wipes tear from eye]

Aaaah! what memories. :-)
Courting my lady in a Wolseley 1500.
Something todays youth probably wouldn't be seen dead in. :-p

Graham

Old January 28th 08, 02:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
MaXiLeeCH

"TacAN" wrote in message

"TacAN" wrote in message

"P & H Macguire" wrote in message

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

Is that a B-25 in the background?

Pat Macguire

Sure looks like one. :-)

That car on the extreme right - is that a Wolseley 24/80???
My flying instructor had one of those back in the 60's.
I had at one time a Wolseley 1500 - sweetest little car I ever owned - I
still kick myself for selling it. :-/

Graham

[wipes tear from eye]

Aaaah! what memories. :-)
Courting my lady in a Wolseley 1500.
Something todays youth probably wouldn't be seen dead in. :-p

Graham

Good god,
I too had a 1500 Wolseley but mine had a much modified MGA engine and 4
speed gearbox in it and it was fitted with a HK (1968) series Holden rear
axle assembly.
I too remember my courting days in my Wolseley but the car, like the girl I
was courting is long gone now.
As I remember, both went pretty damned well too!

Jeff C.

Old January 28th 08, 02:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

"MaXiLeeCH" wrote in message

Good god,
I too had a 1500 Wolseley but mine had a much modified MGA engine and 4
speed gearbox in it and it was fitted with a HK (1968) series Holden rear
axle assembly.
I too remember my courting days in my Wolseley but the car, like the girl
I was courting is long gone now.
As I remember, both went pretty damned well too!

Jeff C.

Hi Jeff
My old girl (the car that is) was just stock standard Wolseley 1500.
You must have been a bit of a rev-head. ;-)
I cant imagine doing donuts in a 1500.
Gosh, I can still remember the engine number 15WAULA6031 - hows that for
over fourty years ago!
(Dont ask me what happened yesterday!! thats too hard)

My old girl (the wife that is) still goes pretty damn well too! ;-p

Cheers
Graham