Wasted Trip

Old April 10th 05, 09:17 PM
W P Dixon

Default Wasted Trip

Hi Yall,
Just got back from Winchester ,VA. I went up there to fly an old L3 , but
after having the arrangements made for the last week after I drive all the
way up there, I am told that no one had put me on the schedule. ( Had been
having to reschedule due to bad weather for a month).
Of course the young fellow at the counter said well I can get you in at
7pm, and then for alittle while on Sunday. Which , yes, was decent of him to
try to pull something off. But when someone has driven for 6 and a half
hours to fly as much as humanly possible Saturday afternooon and Sunday, it
just would not do.
When I am willing to go that far I expect to fly more than enough to
make it worth my while. So I thought about it for a minute or two, said
"f--- it" I'm going back to TN. Crappy way to do biz, and I just could not
see giving not even one hard earned dollar to Valley Aviation . If a company
is not going to write down reservations they need to stop taking them
altogether.
So I didn't get to fly the L3 , which is a bummer! I looked forward to
it. But at least I stopped by Lexington and paid my respects to the General.
I sure hope you ladies and gents had more fun flying than I did this
weekend.

--
Patrick Dixon
student SPL

Old April 11th 05, 03:00 AM
BTIZ

6.5 hours to fly an L3? I take it that is a derivative of the J-3/L4 cub?

Is there not anything closer? granted I know finding cubs to rent or tail
wheels is getting tougher.

Sounds like they were busy enough, and did not concern themselves with some
one from far away that would not be a regular customer.

BT

Old April 11th 05, 04:55 AM
George Patterson

BTIZ wrote:
6.5 hours to fly an L3? I take it that is a derivative of the J-3/L4 cub?

Nope. Made by Aeronca. It's sort of like a Champ.
http://home.att.net/~jm.price/nc49152pix.htm

George Patterson
Whosoever bloweth not his own horn, the same shall remain unblown.

Old April 11th 05, 12:59 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:17:32 -0400, "W P Dixon"
wrote in
::

I am told that no one had put me on the schedule.

I always note the date and get the name of the individual responsible
for entering my reservations, be they dinner or aircraft. That way
the party responsible for the error is exposed, and I am able to
establish some legitimate claim to my time slot.
Old April 11th 05, 05:46 PM
W P Dixon

The L3 is the military version of an Aeronca Champ. Really a shame I wanted
to fly that plane, not very many of those old WWII planes around you can
rent.
Made reservations to go fly a Champ down in SC in two weeks. Yep it's
along drive , but when there are none in this area to rent you have to do
what you have to do. Our wonderful insurance companies are keeping alot of
people from renting taildraggers . Simply can not afford the insurance
coverage.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

SF Bay Area Pilots - Want to share a trip to the X-Prize attempts? Brenor Brophy Piloting 1 September 16th 04 10:52 AM
4800nm trip complete! SeeAndAvoid Piloting 2 June 19th 04 05:58 PM
Coast to coast trip finished :-) Filip Zawadiak Piloting 6 May 5th 04 08:45 PM
First long-distance trip Marc Piloting 2 December 16th 03 05:03 AM
Reflections on first trip to Canada from US Mike & Janet Larke Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 9th 03 12:57 AM