I.D required

Old November 8th 08, 10:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default I.D required

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image10967 copy.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	30533
Old November 9th 08, 12:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Perhaps a Royal Aircraft Factory RE8?

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:05:25 GMT, "Glenn"
wrote:

------

Robert

Uncommon Aircraft: http://fire.prohosting.com/hud607/uncommon
Old November 9th 08, 12:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF

I believe it's an Royal Aircraft Factory RE8.

--

Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF
Innisfail

Old November 9th 08, 01:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Avsec

From my very knowledgeable friend who knows almost every thing about WW1
flying machines.

"Easy! It's F3556, the Imperial War Museum's RE 8 at Duxford. The
aeroplane was a presentation aircraft from British residents in Ceylon, and
named A Paddy Bird from Ceylon (each of the aircraft presented by Ceylon was
named after a bird of the country). F3556 went to France after acceptance
by the RAF, but saw no service; it was given to the IWM in 1920. It's one
of two RE 8s left in the world - the other is a Belgian machine with a
Hispano-Suiza engine that's preserved in Brussels. Film maker Peter Jackson
had a replica built in NZ, but I understand that it's a non-flier, at least
so far."

Avsec

Old November 9th 08, 09:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

Glenn wrote:

Ah, so you went to Duxford...

The RE8 from another angle!

®i©ardo

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Royal Aircraft Factory RE8 F3556 01.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	30534
Old November 9th 08, 03:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Avsec" wrote in message
u...
From my very knowledgeable friend who knows almost every thing about WW1
flying machines.

"Easy! It's F3556, the Imperial War Museum's RE 8 at Duxford. The
aeroplane was a presentation aircraft from British residents in Ceylon, and
named A Paddy Bird from Ceylon (each of the aircraft presented by Ceylon was
named after a bird of the country). F3556 went to France after acceptance
by the RAF, but saw no service; it was given to the IWM in 1920. It's one
of two RE 8s left in the world - the other is a Belgian machine with a
Hispano-Suiza engine that's preserved in Brussels. Film maker Peter Jackson
had a replica built in NZ, but I understand that it's a non-flier, at least
so far."

These aircraft also bore the name of a Scots music hall performer, Harry Tate,
as a form of rhyming slang.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old November 9th 08, 09:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scenic[_5_]

Andrew Chaplin wrote:

"Avsec" wrote in message
u...
From my very knowledgeable friend who knows almost every thing about WW1
flying machines.

"Easy! It's F3556, the Imperial War Museum's RE 8 at Duxford. The
aeroplane was a presentation aircraft from British residents in Ceylon,
and named A Paddy Bird from Ceylon (each of the aircraft presented by
Ceylon was
named after a bird of the country). F3556 went to France after
acceptance
by the RAF, but saw no service; it was given to the IWM in 1920. It's
one of two RE 8s left in the world - the other is a Belgian machine with
Hispano-Suiza engine that's preserved in Brussels. Film maker Peter
Jackson had a replica built in NZ, but I understand that it's a
non-flier, at least so far."

These aircraft also bore the name of a Scots music hall performer, Harry
Tate, as a form of rhyming slang.

The Peter Jackson built replica is he
http://www.omaka.org.nz/exhibits.htm#re8
Old November 12th 08, 10:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

'lo,

Avsec a écrit dans
. au :
From my very knowledgeable friend who knows almost every thing about WW1
flying machines.
"Easy! It's F3556, the Imperial War Museum's RE 8 at Duxford.

It's one of two RE-8s left in the world -
the other is a Belgian machine with a Hispano-Suiza
engine that's preserved in Brussels.

Here it is :
http://tagazous.free.fr/affichage.ph...t+Factory+RE.8

Bye

ID required Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 5 October 30th 08 04:15 PM
DAR services required Juan Jimenez Home Built 4 January 23rd 06 05:28 PM
ELT Required for all SSA sanctioned contests starting 2006 ELT Required for all SSA sanctione Steve Leonard Soaring 2 September 14th 05 03:49 AM
ADF Required Ted Timmons Instrument Flight Rules 30 April 6th 04 04:27 AM
New Home Required Ged McKnight Soaring 0 February 1st 04 08:11 PM