eMAG

Old November 5th 04, 07:43 PM
keepitrunning

Default eMAG

Anyone have any experience with these? Comments would be appreciated.

http://www.emagair.com/default.asp

Old November 6th 04, 12:19 AM
Marc J. Zeitlin

keepitrunning wrote;

Anyone have any experience with these? Comments would be appreciated.

http://www.emagair.com/default.asp

I've got one of the PMAG versions on my COZY MKIV. I've only flown
about 8 hours with it so far, but so far, so good. There are a number
of teething pain type problems with it, mostly having to do with the
magneto clips that hold it on and a few other minor issues. It's very
simple to mount - replacing the magneto is easy, and you only have to
run two extra wires - positive (from a fuse/CB) and ground.

What info are you looking for?

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://marc.zeitlin.home.comcast.net/

Old November 7th 04, 09:23 PM
keepitrunning

Thanks for responding. I was interested in the ease of installation. Do I
understand that you only have one of their Mags, what are you running on the
other side. After reading their info, it looks like you need one each of
the two different types in order to get any gains in advance? Are you
running the auto sparkplugs?

Thanks
Gary

Old November 8th 04, 05:30 PM
Marc J. Zeitlin

keepitrunning asks;

Thanks for responding. I was interested in the ease of installation.

Do I
understand that you only have one of their Mags, what are you running

on the
other side.

I have a magneto on the right, and the P-Mag on the left.

....After reading their info, it looks like you need one each of
the two different types in order to get any gains in advance?

Nope. The P-Mag fires when it wants, and the magneto at 25 BTDC. The
P-Mag's spark is a lot stronger, and it doesn't seem to make any
difference that the mag is there.

....Are you running the auto sparkplugs?

Yes. Auto on top, aviation on bottom. I've been told that I'd probably
get less fouling with that switched, but I don't get much fouling
anyway, so the switch will probably wait until next condition
inspection, if it happens at all.