Greek glider discount

Old May 18th 10, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Greek glider discount

What ? The Greeks make gliders ?
No you silly, of course not.

The Euro is now cheap as fall-out of the Greek fiscal crisis.
New gliders are now cheaper in US$ than for a long time !

Contact me immediately to order your bargain-priced Antares ;-)
See ya, Dave
Old May 19th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On May 17, 9:33*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
What ? The Greeks make gliders ?
No you silly, of course not.

The Euro is now cheap as fall-out of the Greek fiscal crisis.
New gliders are now cheaper in US$ than for a long time !

Contact me immediately to order your bargain-priced Antares ;-)
See ya, Dave

PS: If I get the gist of John Cochrane's editorial piece in Tuesday's
WSJ, this is set to continue for a while, as various dithering and
posturing fails to impress the markets.

PPS: Heaving "fiscal stimulus" on the ash heap of bad ideas ?
Old May 20th 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane

On May 19, 5:17*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
On May 17, 9:33*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:

What ? The Greeks make gliders ?
No you silly, of course not.

The Euro is now cheap as fall-out of the Greek fiscal crisis.
New gliders are now cheaper in US$ than for a long time !

Contact me immediately to order your bargain-priced Antares ;-)
See ya, Dave

PS: If I get the gist of John Cochrane's editorial piece in Tuesday's
WSJ, this is set to continue for a while, as various dithering and
posturing fails to impress the markets.

PPS: Heaving "fiscal stimulus" on the ash heap of bad ideas ?

Hey, Dave, you know me; I always have middle of the road opinions,
stated very humbly.

After I wrote it, the Germans decided to post a list of "banks whose
stocks you should sell and from which you should take out all your
money now" otherwise known as a short-sale ban. I'm sure that will
calm the crisis.

Alas, there was no room in the WSJ for "the other piece of good news
is US glider pilots may soon get a really good christmas present"

Those of you who have no idea what we're talking about, the WSJ link
is here

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...121721980.html

If you can't get the WSJ, I posted a version on my webpage

http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/john...ek%20Myths.pdf

John Cochrane

Old May 20th 10, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AK

On May 19, 7:44*pm, John Cochrane
wrote:
[...]

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...57524866112172...

If you can't get the WSJ, I posted a version on my webpage

http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/john...Papers/John%20...

John Cochrane- Hide quoted text -

The way things are going in the US with out of control spending and
nationalization of financial institutions’ debt we will soon be
playing this scenario at home. Somehow our government is not smart
enough to learn from mistakes made by others.

John, you should celebrate! Your trip to Europe is getting cheaper,
for now until the sharks come to us.
Old May 20th 10, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On May 19, 4:44*pm, John Cochrane
wrote:
[...]

John thank you for helping talk down the Euro :-) Dave when it hits
50c lock in my order. Large panel option, bare panel, painted contest
numbers "6DX", nothing else I'll finish it all here. Aluminum top
single axle Cobra trailer with blue trim. Ship to port Hueneme, CA.

Darryl
Old May 21st 10, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

wrote:
[...]

Here's another view: http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmo...ight-collapse/
Of course, the Euro rose to 1.2567366723 today...

See ya, Dave
Old June 5th 10, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On May 17, 9:33*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
What ? The Greeks make gliders ?
No you silly, of course not.

The Euro is now cheap as fall-out of the Greek fiscal crisis.
New gliders are now cheaper in US$ than for a long time !

Contact me immediately to order your bargain-priced Antares ;-)
See ya, Dave

First time close below $1.20 per Euro for a long time !
Friday ended at 1.1978246661

We'll see how far it goes...
See ya, Dave "YO electric"
Old June 5th 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Jun 5, 10:54Â*am, Dave Nadler wrote:
On May 17, 9:33Â*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:

What ? The Greeks make gliders ?
No you silly, of course not.

The Euro is now cheap as fall-out of the Greek fiscal crisis.
New gliders are now cheaper in US$ than for a long time !

Contact me immediately to order your bargain-priced Antares ;-)
See ya, Dave

First time close below $1.20 per Euro for a long time !
Friday ended at 1.1978246661

We'll see how far it goes...
See ya, Dave "YO electric"

Parity with $1 anyone? Possible unless North Korea gives Obama a hot
foot.

Year Lowest ↓ Highest ↑
Date Rate Date Rate
1999 03 Dec $1.0015 05 Jan $1.1790
2000 26 Oct $0.8252 06 Jan $1.0388
2001 06 Jul $0.8384 05 Jan $0.9545
2002 28 Jan $0.8578 31 Dec $1.0487
2003 08 Jan $1.0377 31 Dec $1.2630
2004 14 May $1.1802 28 Dec $1.3633
2005 15 Nov $1.1667 03 Jan $1.3507
2006 02 Jan $1.1826 05 Dec $1.3331
2007 12 Jan $1.2893 27 Nov $1.4874
2008 27 Oct $1.2460 15 Jul $1.5990
2009 04 Mar $1.2555 03 Dec $1.5120
2010 04 Jun $1.2060 13 Jan $1.4563
Old October 3rd 11, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Discount renewed !
Though the can was kicked down the road for 18 months,
Greek situation has Euro even uglier than dollar...
After we were ugliest to the tune of 1.46 or so,
Euro's back down to 1.32.
A default will push it even lower...

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

PS: John can't set foot in France after his latest piece...
Old December 14th 11, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Euro back down below $1.30 this morning.
Greek bond work-out and future funding still unresolved.
Italians have joined the party.
How low can she go ? John ?

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

PS: Your new bargain-priced Antares can be here for the 2012 season.
23E gets 60:1 at 78 knots ;-)