Victor Airways in Clearance

Old January 15th 04, 07:05 AM
Larry Fransson

On 2004-01-14 20:55:31 -0800, Jeff said:

this is all something that probably will never be available for GA?

Availability isn't really the problem. Practicality and affordability are
the bigger issues.

--
Larry Fransson
Seattle, WA

Old January 15th 04, 01:15 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:18:44 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

It would be even easier if some genius would put the airways into the
database so you could program the GPS just the way the clearance was given.

It is in the CNX80

Old January 15th 04, 02:51 PM
Tom Sixkiller

On 2004-01-14 13:57:49 -0800, "Tom Sixkiller" said:

Now if they could just send you your clearance that way instead of

having
write it down...

They can. It's called ACARS.

I call it EXPENSIVE!! :~(

Old January 15th 04, 03:39 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Jeff" wrote in message
this is all something that probably will never be available for GA?

The mandatory VHF com change of 2010 could include data link capability. (ie
Euro/US standardization) Of course, an ACARS probably costs as much as your
airplane, so the capability will have to come in some other airborn
hardware.

Old January 15th 04, 03:40 PM
Tarver Engineering

On 2004-01-14 13:57:49 -0800, "Tom Sixkiller" said:

Now if they could just send you your clearance that way instead of

having
write it down...

They can. It's called ACARS.

I call it EXPENSIVE!! :~(

It doesn't have to be, unless one confuses VDL with an ACARS.

Old January 15th 04, 04:02 PM
karl

****does it work pretty good?*****
****now there is a good invention for some brainyack to invent.*****

We don't use it. Too expensive.

Also, we need to check our flight plans against the paper ones that get
faxed to us, and the Universal UNS-1 is very fast and friendly to load
flight plans. A complicated flight plan that would take 10 minutes to load
in my Garmin 430/ Cessna 185, takes just seconds to load in the UNS-1.

I got to take a CNX-80 home and use it in demo mode for a few weeks. Their
method of loading flight plans is very much better than the 430. And, there
is a provision to load a flight plan directly from your PDA to CNX-80 via
infrared. Very cool.

Karl

Old January 16th 04, 03:33 AM
Wyatt Emmerich

Now you're talking!

"Jeff" wrote in message
it would be easier if by using a data link that ATC could just punch a

button on
their computer and it would load into your flight plan into your GPS.

C J Campbell wrote:

"Wyatt Emmerich" wrote in message

| My point being: It would be a heck of a lot easier for Garmin 530

users if
| ATC would dispense with the airway part of the clearance and just

route us

Old January 16th 04, 07:14 AM
C J Campbell

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
| On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:18:44 -0800, "C J Campbell"
| wrote:
|
| It would be even easier if some genius would put the airways into the
| database so you could program the GPS just the way the clearance was
given.

| It is in the CNX80

I am beginning to like this unit more and more. I obviously have not spent
enough time playing with it.

Old January 16th 04, 03:01 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:14:05 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
.. .
| On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:18:44 -0800, "C J Campbell"
| wrote:
|
| It would be even easier if some genius would put the airways into the
| database so you could program the GPS just the way the clearance was
given.

| It is in the CNX80

I am beginning to like this unit more and more. I obviously have not spent
enough time playing with it.

Mine is being installed as we speak. I've been reviewing the computer
aided training disk that comes with it.

Old January 16th 04, 03:15 PM
Tarver Engineering

wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
.. .
| On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:18:44 -0800, "C J Campbell"
| wrote:
|
| It would be even easier if some genius would put the airways into the
| database so you could program the GPS just the way the clearance was
given.

| It is in the CNX80

I am beginning to like this unit more and more. I obviously have not

spent
enough time playing with it.

Mine is being installed as we speak. I've been reviewing the computer
aided training disk that comes with it.

And now, if civil service ATC co-operates, like they agreed, VDL will be for
everyone.