Queen ELizabeth

Old May 9th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vic Baron

Default Queen ELizabeth

Someone asked me a question and I can find no info on Google, etc -

When Queen Elizabeth flies - does she have an unique aircraft similar to Air
Force One?

Thanx

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

Old May 9th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Vic Baron wrote:
Someone asked me a question and I can find no info on Google, etc -

When Queen Elizabeth flies - does she have an unique aircraft similar
to Air Force One?

I think they mentioned she was on a leased British Airways when she arrived
in the USA.

Old May 9th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 09 May 2007 18:28:19 GMT, "Vic Baron" wrote:

Someone asked me a question and I can find no info on Google, etc -

When Queen Elizabeth flies - does she have an unique aircraft similar to Air
Force One?

This has been a bit of a controversy across the pond; with the government
proposing to acquire what some call "Blair Force One".

The Queen apparently doesn't have any overseas-capable aircraft, so they charter
something when necessary,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_tra...United_Kingdom

According to the Airliners.net discussions...

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3385878/

....she's using a chartered BA Boeing 777 on this trip. According to one poster,
they use 'Kitty Hawk' as a call sign when the Queen is aboard.

Ron Wanttaja
Old May 9th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, said:
...she's using a chartered BA Boeing 777 on this trip. According to one poster,
they use 'Kitty Hawk' as a call sign when the Queen is aboard.

She's not *that* old!

--
Paul Tomblin
http://blog.xcski.com/
Old May 9th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Since the Queen was present, was Enrico Pallazzo hired to sing the Star
Spangled Banner at the Kentucky Derby. ;^)
Old May 9th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vic Baron

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
. net...
Someone asked me a question and I can find no info on Google, etc -

When Queen Elizabeth flies - does she have an unique aircraft similar to
Air Force One?

Thanx

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

Thanx for the info!

Vic

Old May 9th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old May 10th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Julian Scarfe

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message

The Queen apparently doesn't have any overseas-capable aircraft, so they
charter
something when necessary,

It's long-haul capability that the BAe146s of the Queen's Flight lack. I
believe they are used around Europe.

...she's using a chartered BA Boeing 777 on this trip. According to one
poster,
they use 'Kitty Hawk' as a call sign when the Queen is aboard.

That's correct. Kitty Hawk with the Queen aboard, Ascot (I think) for other
duties. Prefix is KRF. KHA is Kittyhawk Air Cargo, which is supposed to be
"Air Kitty Hawk".

In the UK, restricted airspace is established for most fixed-wing royal
flights.

Julian

Old May 11th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip

On May 9, 7:28 pm, "Vic Baron" wrote:
Someone asked me a question and I can find no info on Google, etc -

When Queen Elizabeth flies - does she have an unique aircraft similar to Air
Force One?

I think I have a pic of her somwhere, now let's see..

Bertie