Ja, Everthing OK in Iowa?

Old May 23rd 04, 03:15 AM
JerryK

Default Ja, Everthing OK in Iowa?

I was watching the new tonight and saw those storms. I hope they are not
near you

Jerry Kurata

Old May 23rd 04, 03:22 AM
Plumb Bob II

"JerryK" wrote in message
I was watching the new tonight and saw those storms. I hope they are not
near you

In the hope of filling rooms at the aviation themed hotel, The Alexis Park
Inn, I hope that the storms are close enough so that people must evacuate
their houses and take up rooms in the aviation themed hotel called the
Alexis Park Inn.

Plumb Bob II (new and improved)

Old May 23rd 04, 03:42 AM
Jay Honeck

I think one of my co-owners of my Cherokee is stranded up there right
now...

If that would be a sharp-looking Cherokee 180, your partner is safely
ensconced in our honeymoon suite -- the Pan Am Clipper Suite -- for the
night.

He is NOT roughing it...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 23rd 04, 03:47 AM
Jay Honeck

I was watching the new tonight and saw those storms. I hope they are not
near you

Thanks, Jerry.

We TRIED to fly to Pinckneyville today, for the rec.aviation cookout/party,
during a brief window of nice flying weather...

We got about 30 miles south when the weather fell apart, again. When we saw
the towering cumulus stretching wall-to-wall in the distance, we reluctantly
turned back.

Good thing, too -- we would NEVER have made it back tonight....

Weird weather. We've had a warm front draped over us for several days. One
minute it's hot and humid, the next minute it's cold and blustery. It has
switched back and forth half a dozen times, interspersed with heavy rains,
thunderstorms, and high winds...

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 23rd 04, 04:21 AM
Jeff

Last week I had to leave my plane in phoenix (FFZ), I was checking the weather
and as the winds at my destination were getting higher, weathertap.com was
showing 25 gusting to 30 about 30 degrees off the runway, not to bad but I
needed current winds for a decision so I called the tower and was told they
just saw sustained winds at 41 mph which for me, was an automatic no-go, so I
had to leave my baby.

driving back to phoenix next sunday, Hope no one messes with her.

Old May 23rd 04, 05:12 AM
Bart D. Hull

I'm gonna be at Falcon tomorrow.

Want me to check on her and report back?

Just give me a N-number and roughly where it's parked.

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Old May 23rd 04, 07:57 AM
Jeff

Yes if you could, look in it to make sure no one ripped off my avionics
blue/white Arrow N47891
parked in front of the fuel pumps last row facing the runway
this is a picture of it
http://www.turboarrow3.com/newplane/image4.html

your in tempe? we are in the process of moving to Queen Creek, just waiting on the
house to get built, looking at next month. Will be basing my plane out at FFZ

Old May 23rd 04, 09:06 AM
Bart D. Hull

Hangers are for sale at Pegasus Air Park (right next to Queen Creek.)
$58K per if I remember correct. (Not a lease a real sale.)

Closer than FFZ, you'll never get a hanger at FFZ as the wait list is
over 10 years old.

My parents live in Queen Creek, right against the base of the San Tan
Mountains.

Old May 23rd 04, 08:17 PM
Jeff

I sent you an email last night did you get it ok?

I glanced at Pegasus but there isnt any thing there, airnav says its a small dirt strip
with no services, I wont land my plane on dirt strips unless its an emergency, I have
this fear of it screwing up my landing gear somehow.

FFZ is farther away but its got allot of services, gateway airport I dont like very much
so decided not to go there.

Queen creek was my wifes idea, she has a couple of show horses and wanted horse property
for them.