A Moment of Thanks.

Old December 30th 04, 07:00 PM
Peter Maus

Default A Moment of Thanks.

After decades of wanting, several attempts at starting and many
job/life related frustrations, years of not quite having the time,
and the resources, I finally began my training in earnest this year.

I gotta tell you, it was EXACTLY what I expected it to be. I
didn't take the usual introductory flight, I just laid down a check
for a block of time, and jumped in. My only regret is that I hadn't
been able to do it sooner.

It's been quite an adventure, with some moments of very high
puckerfactor. But it's never been less than fun, usually a blast,
despite the tense moments. Now, I'm looking forward to completing
the program and being certified so I can begin the REAL learning.

Ok...to the point...

While I was doing my homework, putting money together,
researching flight schools and trying to configure work so this
would finally be possible, I've been reading this NG. And a couple
of others. But focussing here. I gotta say, that the shared
experiences have been illuminating. Usually amusing, mostly
practical tips, and always educational. I even caught a wallowed out
through bolt on a flex coupling during an early preflight based on
tips I had read here. And an oil leak on the transmission exactly
where Kevin had said his instructor had found his.

So, despite the occasional barbs thrown back and forth over the
last couple of years, I've got to say "thanks" for the learning, the
tips, and the shared common experiences. You can't buy this kind of
practical information. Well, not without breaking several felony
laws in Utah.

I'm hardly in that class of enthusiasts called 'pilots' yet.
But I've experienced the brotherhood. And that's been a good omen of
things to come.

Thanks again.

I'll wave as I fly by.

Old December 30th 04, 08:39 PM

Let me be the first to welcome you to the world of flying helos,
which also translates directly into the world of being totally broke!
Hope you have as much fun getting your license as I did. And
just to tell you the pucker factor should never fully go away, you just
get a little more used to it, and learn to let it keep you on your
toes. Have a blast!
Get in the air, no matter how you get yourself up there!

Flap Hinge Moment Calc Bo Home Built 2 February 2nd 05 10:26 AM
Flap Hinge Moment Calc Bo Home Built 0 February 2nd 05 06:01 AM
having a "blonde moment" when it comes to gyro procession and props xerj Piloting 9 June 22nd 04 01:48 PM
Looking For W&B Using Arm Instead of Moment John T Piloting 13 November 1st 03 08:19 PM
Permit me a moment, please, to say... Robert Perkins Piloting 14 October 31st 03 02:43 PM