Screen Luminance

Old October 11th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

Default Screen Luminance

On Oct 11, 12:07*am, wrote:
Richard,
What does it mean ?
"The screen is proprietary but the specs are on my web site."
Are you saying that the TFT is not from China or Taiwan ? I think all
the TFTs, from the smallest to the largest are made there. If you
browse thewww.globalsources.com, you can find hundreds of suppliers.
Which one are you using for the Ultimate )) ?
btw. this is not a bad thing at all, setting-up nice things from
standard parts avaliable form the market and adding value to it, I am
just curious.

The Ultimate Screen is a TFT Screen. Again the coatings and backlight
make all the difference I don't believe the backlight has as much
effect as the coating on the sunlight viewability. It is clearly
better the the ClearNav as it has 4 time the resolution True VGA and
is 6.5" on the diagonal, 1" larger than the ClearNav (this may be good
or bad depending on the size of your panel) and has the ability to
have a higher backlight. I have seen the ClearNav although it was
only in a panel on the table. Several pilots that saw both commented
on the Ultimate's superior display and the fact that it runs state of
the art software.

The Ultimate and the processor draw about 400 mAmp at the lowest
screen backlight (probalby not usable) at about 600 mAmp it is in my
opinion usable, full Backlight about 1800 nits 1600 mAmp (1.6 Amp).
I beleive the backlight a 1000 mAmp is extremely viewable. . This is
measured on a bench test.

I have about 70 hours of testing including about 30 hours in the 2008
US Sports Class Nationals, in my Ventus b, and used on the highest
backlight setting. The battery used was a 12V 8 amp Hour running the
Utlimate and a MicroAir radio. My other battery ran the CAI 302 and
CAI 303. I had no problems with a 6 hour flight.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old October 14th 08, 08:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dear Rischard,
Thanks for your comments about the power consuption, this is very
useful information, anyhow I was not able to figure out the answer to
my previous questions related to the display.

soaring on screen [email protected] Soaring 28 December 30th 06 04:27 PM
Screen shots in OS2 Michael Baldwin, Bruce Products 0 November 9th 06 07:18 AM
Screen shots Frank Beagle Simulators 0 November 6th 05 01:47 PM
New 5" VGA screen computer Eric Greenwell Soaring 10 January 16th 05 10:02 PM
Dual screen in FS9 John Mullen Simulators 2 September 29th 03 12:59 AM