Turnabout by SEAL Authentication Team

Old August 19th 04, 07:56 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

Default Turnabout by SEAL Authentication Team

Robert Briggs wrote in message ...
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
Robert Briggs wrote:
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

One supposes that an organisation that has a reputation for
accurate research would be disinclined to include a childish
slur in the title to their article.

One also supposes that an organisation that has a reputation for
accurate research would know that treason is defined in the
Constitution, precisely because the founding Fathers wanted
to put it beyond the power of the government to criminalise
dissent. They would also know that 'aid and comfort' are a
term of art which refers to material assistance, and that an
enemy of the US incidentally derives some benefit from political
dissent within the US does not render dissent treasonous. Would
the SEAL Authentication Team argue that LBJ comitted treason
when he halted the bombing of North Vietnam? Surely that decision
was of immense benefit to the enemy.

OTOH, selling arms to Iran while the US was fighting against Iran
in a war in the Persian Gulf, that would qualify as treason, right?

I can't find a Bainridge, Maryland.

Your argument seems remarkably feeble if it depends on such a minor
mistyping of "Bainbridge", either by Ed or by some previous author.

The mispelling is also found elsewhere on the web so I don't think
Mr Rasimus is at fault.

So that would be the "or by some previous author" bit, then.

Yes.

Apparently you agree that your argument is remarkably feeble.

No. However your argument is as feeble as it is contemptible
inasmuch as it relies upon removing my argument from your replies.
It is precisely the sort of dishonest approach one has come to
expect from supposed Bush supporters.

--

FF
Old August 22nd 04, 06:43 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

Ed Rasimus wrote in message . ..
This passed my desk just recently. I neither verify nor challenge the
accuracy. The SEAL Authentication Team has a good reputation for
research and has been one of a small group of dedicated organizations
that ferret out poseurs and wannabes.

Thus far the SEAL Authentification Team has not replied to my request
for comment on this publication you attribute to them.

--

FF