low flying planes?

Old October 11th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Default low flying planes?

I don't know why, but tonight they're either really low or using a
runway that they haven't used since I bought this place. I usually get
a lot of ERJ's flying over, but these are much bigger, whatever they
are. What would cause such a sudden change in type aircraft or routes?
It's not a wind thing.
Old October 11th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

NW_Pilot wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
I don't know why, but tonight they're either really low or using a runway
that they haven't used since I bought this place. I usually get a lot of
ERJ's flying over, but these are much bigger, whatever they are. What
would cause such a sudden change in type aircraft or routes? It's not a
wind thing.

Maybe its a P.M.S. thing :-)

Very funny.

That sort of thing typically happens more than once a year.

Old October 11th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Emily" wrote in message
I don't know why, but tonight they're either really low or using a runway
that they haven't used since I bought this place. I usually get a lot of
ERJ's flying over, but these are much bigger, whatever they are. What
would cause such a sudden change in type aircraft or routes? It's not a
wind thing.

- Which airport?
- Which direction?
- Current Wx? (Storm Avoidance?)
- Any runways NOTAM'd Closed or INOP Approaches in the area at the major
airports?
- Are they scheduled carriers or cargo/freight?

Jay B

Old October 11th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Temperature dropped? After hot days and nights, the colder
dense air makes the plane sound louder an closer.

Old October 11th 06, 11:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Jay Beckman wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
I don't know why, but tonight they're either really low or using a runway
that they haven't used since I bought this place. I usually get a lot of
ERJ's flying over, but these are much bigger, whatever they are. What
would cause such a sudden change in type aircraft or routes? It's not a
wind thing.

- Which airport?
- Which direction?
- Current Wx? (Storm Avoidance?)
- Any runways NOTAM'd Closed or INOP Approaches in the area at the major
airports?
- Are they scheduled carriers or cargo/freight?

DFW, landing north, no storms, probably cargo this late at night. Don't
know about NOTAMs, but now that I think about it, I think it's the same
runway that the ERJ's always use.
Old October 11th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Emily wrote:

What would cause such a sudden change in type aircraft or routes?

Runway closure?

--
Peter
Old October 16th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Emily wrote in
:

NW_Pilot wrote:
Maybe its a P.M.S. thing :-)

Very funny.

That sort of thing typically happens more than once a year.

Depends on your age.
Old October 16th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Judah wrote:
Emily wrote in
:

NW_Pilot wrote:
Maybe its a P.M.S. thing :-)

Very funny.

That sort of thing typically happens more than once a year.

Depends on your age.

As I think has been established, I'm nowhere near that point. I hope.