Are You Pilot?

Old February 13th 04, 05:36 AM
Abhi

"David Brooks" wrote in message ...
"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I am NOT Pilot...

-Abhi.

I feel about the same as the guys quoted he
http://www.skygod.com/quotes/quotes.html

Well, except for the one that is framed and hanging on my wall, which is how
I feel when I'm not flying the plane. The one by da Vinci, who never knew
the experience but seemed to know it so well.

quote:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will
always long to return.

— Leonardo da Vinci

Leonardo da Vinci(1452-1519). He is talking as if he built some plane
in 14th century and tasted flight in sky! I think, it were Wright
brothers first in 1903 to fly first.

But who knows, he might have built some crazy things to fly...

-Abhi.
Old February 13th 04, 05:40 AM
John Harlow

Matter of fact- I have seen planes only in sky. Till this date, I have
not touched any plane or even saw it closely. No chance to become
Pilot at the age of 34.

I was older than that when I got my license, so it is possible.

But I can afford the fare of plane for some distance like
Bombay-Delhi. And sometime in future I am planning to experience how
you people feel in blue sky up there.

It will be a very exciting experience!

Old February 13th 04, 05:44 AM
SeeAndAvoid

"Abhi" wrote in message
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

BORED.
Most of my flying is long cross countrys.

SAFE.
As I see the ants below scrambling around on the interstate. Although I may
psyche myself out in the preplanning and visualization ahead of time, the
experience itself is usually a non-event and rarely feels out of my control.

FORTUNATE.
Although there's alot of pilots in these groups, the majority of people in
the world just don't get to do or see what we are lucky enough to enjoy.

FULFILLED.
Reaching goals: licenses and finally owning my own airplane. Shopping well
and reaping the benefits of it.

COLD/HOT.
Them old airplanes have that all or nothing heat.

HAPPY.
For most of the reasons above, but also to see the look on my kids faces as
we try to expose them to as much of the world as possible, mostly by air.

....and it's never too late to start flying.

Chris

Old February 13th 04, 06:13 AM
Mutts

On 12 Feb 2004 07:20:43 -0800, (Abhi)
wrote:

How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I feel like James Tiberius Kirk. Finally!
Old February 13th 04, 11:35 AM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:39:48 -0500, Andrew Gideon
wrote in Message-Id:
ne.com:

Larry Dighera wrote:

Expertly piloting a
masterpiece of engineering efficiency with alacritous authority among
invisible airspace boundaries in compliance with voluminous
regulations demands full mental concentration thus refreshingly
emancipating your thoughts from their mundane confinement.

You get to fly a masterpiece of engineering efficiency? Nice. I wish I
could say the same.

I would characterize today's aircraft, relative to the early aircraft,
as masterpieces of engineering efficiency. Take an introductory
flight in a sailplane to experience even higher efficiency. :-)

Old February 13th 04, 03:37 PM
Andrew Gideon

C J Campbell wrote:

But when I look down on the 'free'way and see a line of cars backed up for
twenty miles and realize that those poor devils have to get in that line
every single day, then I think of what I like most about flying: the
freedom.

I love popping out for a quick lunch trip...to Nantucket, Cape May, Ocean
City...

- Andrew

Old February 13th 04, 06:59 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Casey Wilson" wrote in message

"S Green" wrote in message

"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I am NOT Pilot...

-Abhi.

with my hands just like when I am not flying

You probably don't want to hear this Ms. Green, but your comment was
rude enough to earn you a seat in my killfile.

Rude? Don't you feel things with your hands?

Now if you're flying open cockpit, I guess you feel things with a lot
of other parts of your body too, especially your face...

Paul

Old February 13th 04, 07:00 PM
Paul Sengupta

High!

Paul

Old February 13th 04, 07:01 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message

ink.net...
"Abhi" wrote in message
om...

How do you feel when you fly the plane?

Good.

Just Good? That is what I feel when I drive my blue coloured bicycle!

I felt good when riding my bicycle.

Then I turned 17 and learned to drive.

I felt good when driving my car.

Then I learned to fly.