New Tiger: Rodney Dangerfield of airplanes?

Old August 5th 04, 11:21 PM
Jeremy Lew

Default New Tiger: Rodney Dangerfield of airplanes?

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
om...
"Dude" wrote in message

OK, but (1) at my old FBO they put covers on the wings and (2) they're
hoping to run those planes into the ground in what, 5-7 years? My 1979
C-172 has lived its whole life outside and the original paint is still
decent.

They only put on the covers in cold weather because it is difficult to get
frost off of the composite surface. I don't believe it has anything to do
with prolonging the life of the material.

Old August 6th 04, 08:07 AM
Dave Katz

"Dude" writes:

Lancair and Diamond have stronger composites than Cirrus. That is why
Cirrus has a hull life limit.

The Lancairs have the same 12,000 hour life limit as the Cirri (the
SR22 was recently upgraded from 4350 to 12000.)

All can be extended with field experience, though it'll be a long
while before anybody comes close.