Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Old December 30th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Default Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Ask them for what? To verify you were in the MC? That you did your
job? Yeah, it was a good thing that you did, no doubt, but it sounds
just like any other day in the Air Force.

I was in the Air Force and stationed at Keesler (Biloxi, MS) during
Hurricane Elena in 1985. (Yes, THAT sucked!). Anyhow, after the breeze
stopped (broke the wind measuring equipment at 125 MPH, so never did
find out how hard it blew), it was found that there was no power on the
base and our amateur radio repeater was thus off the air. Officials
were relying on it to bridge the gap in communications between Gulfport
and Pascagoula. So what did I do? I walked out to the street in front
of my dorm, found a wrecked car, lifted the hood and stole the battery.
Hand carried it about a half a mile to the radio club building and
hooked it up to the repeater and got it on the air (had to do a
makeshift repair on the antenna as well). Got a letter of commendation
for "rising to the occasion". I can scan a copy if you wish. I don't
feel I went above and beyond, but the base CO appreciated it enough to
write a letter to our CO. All that for a petty theft

So, what exactly is YOUR point about the article? I have more stories
similar to yours, ie fixing the headphone jack on one of the KC-135s I
worked on as it was rolling down the taxiway to takeoff to refuel
FB-111s that were on their way to Libya in 1986...I could probably
recall many more, but that part of my life is past and prefer to "tout
my horn to present events in my life" by slowly building an RV-4, a
Georgias Special and modify my present ride (Corben Junior Ace)...

Scott

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Richard Riley" wrote in message

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:42:29 -0500, "anon" wrote:

Only a stupid **** like you could make such a statement.

You are the one that characterized your repair as quick and simple. I
don't
see how anyone could view this as a career-defining moment. For all we
know,
you might have been a terrible Marine.

Zoom is well known for his stories of saving people, particularly
women and children, with his feats of superior skill in adverse
situations. His "getting shot in the leg while saving an 11 year old
from rapists in Reno" is a classic.

Yawn is just picking up where his mentor left off.

Oh, yeah,

So why don't you write the corps and ask for verification? I dare you.
And no, I won't hold my breath. As I said, I don't do that for RAH bigmouth
cowards.

Old December 30th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Put up or shut the **** up! Once again, you have opened you mouth
without facts and once again you are the one with **** on your face.

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"BobR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry Jaun but I must leave that story to you since you seem to think
you have all the facts, which is something you have never bothered with
in the past.

Sorry, Bob, you're the one who repeated the story over and over again.
Here's your chance to do it all over again! L

For your information though, I have never gone bankrupt,
never even missed a payment or been late on a payment.

Is that so? Hmm, we need to look at google archives.

Old December 31st 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
Ask them for what? To verify you were in the MC? That you did your job?
Yeah, it was a good thing that you did, no doubt, but it sounds just like
any other day in the Air Force.

LOL! Yeah, sure, that must be the story.

[...]

So, the battery was your substitute for the kid? Hmm. Weird logic, but what
the heck, you got your letter.

So, what exactly is YOUR point about the article?

Read the thread. You'll figure it out, sooner or later.

Old December 31st 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 12:54:10 -0400, "Juan Jimenez"
wrote:

Boy, you really know how to backpedal, eh? LOL! Excuses, as usual. You rah
gagglers are all the same, all bark, no bite. Boring.

Juan, what would the point be?

Gee, how about "standing behind what you words"? Over here we call that
"backbone." I'm amazed I have to explain that.

Or maybe not.

excuses snipped

Old December 31st 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Good, shut the **** up then, Bob. That's the best idea you've had all year!

So predictable.... big mouth, lots of hot air, but when it all gets forcefed
down your throat in the same way you like to dish it out, you squeal like a
stuck Texas pig. Yank the chain, watch the gaggler dance... LMAO!

watch, the response is so predictable, I call it Bull****Bob Response #3

oups.com...

Old December 31st 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Hey dumbass, you made a claim against me now back it up with facts or
admit to everyone that you are a bald faced liar. It is simple, you
make a claim against someone you have the facts to back it up or you
don't. In this case, I know for certain that you don't and so do you.
You are just too much of a chicken **** to admit it and start this
avoidence dance of yours with all the standard bull ****.

Jaun, you are a LIAR and most of the people in this group have known it
for a long time. A short look at your hundreds of posts every month in
all the other newsgroups you spend hours in every day shows that you
don't limit your lies to this group either. Like Campbell, you might
have something useful to contribute if you hadn't destroyed your
credibility a long time ago.

Yeah, my response is very predictable but the only bull**** is coming
from your mouth. Backup your claims or shut up...simple isn't it? You
won't, you can't and once again you will blow hot air up everyone's
ass. Talk about predictable!

Juan Jimenez wrote:
Good, shut the **** up then, Bob. That's the best idea you've had all year!

So predictable.... big mouth, lots of hot air, but when it all gets forcefed
down your throat in the same way you like to dish it out, you squeal like a
stuck Texas pig. Yank the chain, watch the gaggler dance... LMAO!

watch, the response is so predictable, I call it Bull****Bob Response #3

oups.com...

Old December 31st 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
anon

Juan, you really see yourself as a hero, don't you?

You performed competently under pressure in the normal course of your job.
Your failure to perform could have had dire circumstances. I can think of
dozens of jobs that place people in similar situations as a matter of
routine, not just once in a career.

I believe your story and find it interesting. That said, I can't see how it
is career-defining or portrays you as anything other than competent in your
job. I don't see any heroics or courage and in your telling of the story,
you don't really paint of picture of building pressure prior to resolution.

Strangely, you ask us to check out Marine records to corroborate your story,
but you don't really offer any specifics or even tell us what specific
military records might corroborate your story. You like to throw out
near-impossible assignments for the class, don't you?

Maybe, you can help.

How were such missions documented and in what detail were they documented?
What military documents describe these events? Did you receive any
decorations, letters of appreciation, letters of recognition? Are these
events described in your fitrep?

"In fact, check out the records of a medevac mission in 1981 involving a mom
who had just given birth and was hemorraging, and the preemie to which she
had just given
birth."

Can you be more specific, as far as date?

"Then check out the comments of the (at the time, double-digit midget)
Vietnam-vet crew chief on the aircraft that took them from Cherry Point to
the main hospital at Lejeune."

Juan, on what document might we find these comments? If you know where
these events are documented, why don't you tell us?

Old December 31st 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

Default Looking silly in a flight suit

"anon" wrote in message
m...
Here is Juan looking silly in a fight suit.

http://www.bd5.com/videos/ntd-bd5j.wmv

Would it be inappropriate to comment on all the fake boobs in that video?

Old December 31st 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

anon wrote:
[...]

The funny part is yawn admitted to being a screw up when he said he
never got a good conduct medal despite having served 4 years. I am
curious why he didn't get one. They are automatic every 3 years unless
his commander justifies in writing why he shouldn't get it. Poor boy
admitted to being a screw up and didn't even know it. Yawn, before you
tell us again you got an honourable discharge that doesn't mean you were
a good Marine or even good at your job. I have seen people in all
branches who just loaf through their hitch. The fact you felt the need
to brag about doing your job that one time tells me you were just
another skate.

Let's face it, yawn, you are just a manure salesman with a mouthful
of samples.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 31st 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
anon

Didn't the reference to the double-digit midget Vietnam-era crew chief sound
a little awkward? It sounds a little disrespectful to me. I believe Juan's
story, but the crew chief reference reminds me of when people add a little
jargon or colorful characters to give credibility to a lie.

This is best described in a scene from Reservoir Dogs:

"The things you gotta remember are the details. It's the details that sell
your story. Now this story takes place in this men's room. So you gotta
know the details about this men's room. You gotta know they got a blower
instead of a towel to dry your hands. You gotta know the stalls ain't got
no doors. You gotta know whether they got liquid or powdered soap, whether
they got hot water or not, 'cause if you do your job when you tell your
story, everybody should believe it. And if you tell your story to somebody
who's actually taken a **** in this men's room, and you get one detail they
remember right, they'll swear by you."

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
There is no "link" for that. There was no consumer "internet" at the time.
You'll have to go to the squadron to find the records, assuming they still
have them, otherwise you'll have to ask the Marine Corps to check their
archives. I don't know how long they keep records locally.

The story is this: At 9pm I was working night duty in the avionics shop.
We were scheduled to go home on standby at about that time and were about
to cleanup and turn in our tools when the hanglar claxon went off and the
PA system announced the usual "Launch Pedro!". Pedro was the codename for
whatever helo was the duty bird. So, myself and my sidekick sat down to
wait, because if the bird was going out we had to stay in case it came
back with squawks.

Not more than 2 minutes later we get an intercom call to go to the
aircraft. So we run out there, and we can see the APU is running but no
lights. I go inside and gesture to the crew chief and he points to the
lights ... no power. I checked the obvious things, and nothing, so I
turned around to my sidekick, the slowest kid in the shop, and asked him
if they had done anything to do the bird that day. Changed the APU, he
said. D-oh. Ok, did you check it when you were done rewiring it? No. No??
Did you bother to run it up? No. Why not? I'm not checked out. (It takes a
short check and two switches to turn on the APU on an CH-46A... that
should give you the picture.)

So, I turned around and dropped the upper rear clamshell a bit, raised the
lower one to just a few inches under, and carefully slid up to the running
APU. I removed the small plastic cover over the wires and immediately saw
what was wrong. Wiring becomes somewhat brittle over the years, and when
its put back on the wrong way it's rather obvious because of the way it
looks. So I switched the two incorrectly installed wires, replaced the
cover, safety wired it, checked for loose safety wire, inventoried tools
and slid back down.

I tell the CC to fire up the power and even though its dark and he's
wearing a helmet, he gives me one of these "Are you out of your ****ing
mind?" looks. I repeat the hand gesture to power up, he talks with the
crew up front, I can see them looking back from the cockpit, so I walk up,
asked for permission to turn on power, they sort of nodded and I did.
Power came right back up. Big smiles in the cockpit.

I went back to finish up with the crew chief (who had another huge smile
on his face). Just then I realized why he had a huge smile. Two ambulances
came roaring down the ramp and parked right behind the helo. Out came a
woman in a stretcher, clearly in distress. Behind her came a portable
incubator with a preemie. The woman had just given birth and was
hemorraghing, they were on the way to Lejeune because that's where the big
hospital was located.

We got off and the helo fired up its engines and roared off into the night
sky. Came back with no squawks, so we went home. The next day the Vietnam
vet crew chief (and senior crew chief in the squadron) told everyone in
the squadron I knew my **** down cold and he'd trust me to work on
anything with a wire on his bird. I already had the ability to do just
that, but that one compliment made my whole year. Doesn't happen very
often.

Within weeks I got my best eval ever and had my txfr request out of NC
approved, to California. The rest is history, and records from that day
will verify everything happened exactly as I state here.

And yes, both the mom and the child were OK, I just never heard from them
again.

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks for the link. However, I was unable to find a reference to the
"medevac mission in 1981 involving a mom who had just
given birth and was hemorraging, and the preemie to which she had just
given birth. Then check out the comments of the (at the time,
double-digit midget) Vietnam-vet crew chief on the aircraft that took
them from Cherry Point to the main hospital at Lejeune."

It sounds like it might be interesting reading...

Scott

Juan Jimenez wrote:

I doubt you will find a URL. SOES is the Station Operations and
Engineering Squadron. I worked there from 1979 to 1981 maintaining their
CH-46A SAR birds.

Oh, wait a sec. I see why you can't find it. It's been renamed and is
now VMR-1.

http://www.cherrypoint.usmc.mil/mcabe/vmr1/vmr1.asp

Look at the history page, you'll see this is what used to be SOES.

They now have HH-46D's. Looks like they finally upgraded sometime after
I left for MCAS(H) Tustin in Southern California and was assigned to
HMM-161 until I got out in 1982. They are also listed as having UC-12B
King Air's, but that's not what we had when I was there, back then they
had Piper Apache's, I forget the designationm U-something too. There
were rumors they were going to be replaced with the King Air's but when
I left they had not arrived. We already had the C-9B's and we also had
some T-39 Sabreliners for VIP transport.

This was our hangar. I assume it still is, there's one of the C-9B
sitting at its usual parking spot on the ramp.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...06781&t=k&om=1

This is a picture I took on the ramp in 1981, if I remember correctly.
Been a while. Look at the discussion page for the image, a Marine who
currently
works for VMR-1 saw it and commented on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CH46-At-SOES.jpg

Juan

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .

Can you provide a link URL? I searched on the MCAS Cherry Point Website
with no luck (since I don't know what SOES is...searching with that
turned
up a Sony Online Entertainment tribute). Searching with your name only
turned up 3 hits...all in 2003-2004.

Scott

Juan Jimenez wrote:

Tell you what, if you ever grow balls large enough, go check the
records
of SOES, circa 1979 through 1981, at MCAS Cherry Point. In fact, check
out the records of a medevac mission in 1981 involving a mom who had
just
given birth and was hemorraging, and the preemie to which she had just
given birth. Then check out the comments of the (at the time,
double-digit midget) Vietnam-vet crew chief on the aircraft that took
them from Cherry Point to the main hospital at Lejeune.

Go ahead, putz. I dare ya. But don't worry, I don't hold my breath for
all bark, no bite keyboard cowards like you.