please stop bashing France

Old October 16th 03, 11:48 AM
tscottme

ArVa wrote in message

Irreverance and objective criticism are fine. You can say whatever you

want
about Chirac's policy or even the man himself, I don't care. He's a

public
man, a politician, and therefore is exposed to that kind of treatment

as it
goes with the job. What I can't stand is the concept of bashing an

entire
country and its population with specious and tasteless arguments just
because you don't agree (or not even understand) its position.

ArVa

Yet I bet you've never opened your trap when a blithering Frenchmen
accuse Americans of riding horses all day and shooting at the ceiling
with their six guns.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 16th 03, 11:51 AM
tscottme

Cub Driver wrote in message

The Wall Street Journal noted this morning that the reason UN
peacekeeping forces are more and more drawn from poor nations is that
they alone have the surplus troops for this sort of mission--troops
who moreover are thrifty to maintain and proud of the job. With the
exception of Britain's, European armies have been drawn down to the
point where they are essentially useless. From what I've read earlier,
that would also appear to be true of Canada's.

So not only is the U.S. the "sole superpower," it is very nearly also
the only democracy with an army. Think of NATO's war against
Yugoslavia. All of continental Europe couldn't manage a war against a
small Balkan nation, without the U.S. and Britain to do the heavy
lifting.

Exactly right. All the bed wetters in that smelly nation beginning with
"F" keep whining about the hyper-power. The truth is the US forces are
about half of what they were during or just after the Reagan years. As
you note, it's less that the US has rushed ahead of everyone else, we've
just withered a lot less quickly while we've seriously upgraded key
components.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 16th 03, 11:53 AM
tscottme

Alan Minyard wrote in message

So France and the French support terrorists? Not terribly surprising.

Al Minyard

The French hardly miss an opportunity to support terrorists.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 16th 03, 12:03 PM
tscottme

Gunnar wrote in message

Could it be that we'l like for you to be of a higher standard than the
rest... ?

The only moral justification for us ( that is the vestern world )

being
"better" than the rest is that we are in fact BETTER than the rest of

the
world !
And better means higher standards in treatment, letter of the law etc.

The truth is the arrogant Europeans aren't holding the US to a higher
standard, they set perfection as the minimal acceptable level of action
for the US and expect nothing from what they see as the "inferior
peoples" any where else. That's the most generous interpretation. The
rest of us know that the complaints of some of the Europeans and all of
the US liberals is aimed at undermining our resolve to do the hard
tasks. They remind me more of spoiled and lazy teenagers that bitch and
moan when mom and dad don't buy toys for them fast enough.

Remember all the "what about North Korea" just before the Iraq war? All
of the usual suspects were certain action in Iraq should be put on hold
while the DPRK was managed. Once the first bomb fell in Iraq the usual
suspects forgot all about North Korea, proving that all the Europeans
want is a good reason to complain.

If the Europeans wanted to solve these important problems they wouldn't
have spent much of the last 12 years helping Saddam get around sanctions
and easing the UN to just dropping the issue rather than solving the
problem. In short, solve a few problems the way you want them solved
rather than just complaining that the people that are working the
problem aren't working it the way you want.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule of going on strike and
going on vacation to respond.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 16th 03, 12:10 PM
Mike

"Alan Minyard" a écrit dans le message de news:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:38:46 GMT, Jordan wrote:

Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA. You think you can take on the world? I can't wait for the day
when americans realise they are no longer the major world power.

Don't you think enough people hate americans already? Why do you keep
acting to reinforce their perceptions?

Well, you are going to need a tremendous amount of patience, the US
will be the preeminent world power for many years to come. You should
be thankful that the major world power is not Russia, China, or
France.

Al Minyard

Why?
What are you doing so well the others couldn't?
-The war,like in somalia,vietnam,maybe soon Irak and Afghanistan
-The freedom fries ( )))) )
-Protecting the environment,no comment (too long list)
-Influencing other countries,Chile 73,south vietnam,iran before 79,....
-Protecting yourself and the whole world from really dangerous
countries,like South Korea,and not Irak....
-Protecting your own population from being shot in the streets?
-Protecting your own population from diseases,even the poor people
-Preventing your own people from becoming more fat than any other in the
world,including 40 % of your children
-Guaranting your children not to be shot in their college
-Preventing your population from being so uncultured that 50% of it could
not place India or France on a world map
-Showing the example to the rest of the world by admitting the strongest can
be wrong.
-Having to most numerous and fulfilled jails of the rich countries,and in
the same time the highest criminality
-Having a president that seizes the opportunity of 9/11 to make a law
including a very favorable article to protect his rich friends from a
pharmaceutic firm,who have sold
poison to handicaped children
-Having Fox "news"
-Telling the whole world the truth about the real danger of a country you
want to attack
-Having so good intelligence services you can't avoid something like
9/11,when some people inside those warn them very strongly
-Having a president not really been elected
-Being able to make better that any other country in advanced industries
(satellites launching,civil and military aircrafts,military
materials,computers,...)
-Following:....so that you don't have to influence countries to win markets
(boieng,lokheed Martin,....)
-Arresting,killing,or simply finding your ennemies,like saddam hussein or
bin laden
-Being greatly interested in all the crisis in the world (as a good
superpower) and not only in the ones you are financially involved.Having
good results
because of your power in resolving it,like
Rwanda,Palestinia,Tibet,Tchetchenia,...
-Prepare the future of humanity by showing the example,in every domain,like
fighting poverty and violence,education,culture,health (for all),third world
development,
protection of environment and natural resources,...
-Guarantee to the planet a good regulation system,that you,showing the
example,use and improve,and if necessary that you help to impose.A system
like the UN,
remplacing the law of the strenght,for the first time in history

Necessary to gon on?.....

Old October 16th 03, 12:12 PM
tscottme

Simon Robbins wrote in message

*You* don't see that because you don't look, either that or because

CNN
doesn't tell you. Though how about taking a look at how China (a

billion
Communists no less) is a "favoured trading partner" of the US? How

about
how the US ran to the aid of oppressive Saudi Arabia and totalitarian

Kuwait
in 1991 also? People in glass houses and all that...

I'm sure the Europeans issue memos and hold conferences on all these
issues, I was asking about actions from the Europeans. Tell me how does
pointing out past US action demonstrate that Europe is doing anything on
these topics? Remember that was the point. Typical really, they must
teach only one thing in schools over there, how to complain about the
US.

Did Robert Mugabe feel sufficiently scolded for his actions by being
invited to dinner with Chirac?

--

Scott
--------

Old October 16th 03, 12:16 PM
tscottme

Franck wrote in message
You should,be thankful that the major world power is not Russia,

China, or
France.

Are you sure US is better ? .....

Millions of immigrants can't be wrong. Remember our security problem is
too many people want to come to the US, while the fences of tyrants keep
people in.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 16th 03, 12:23 PM
tscottme

George Shirley wrote in message
Dammit folks, can you just resist responding to the Western Europeans
for a while? My killfile is so full of French addresses it sounds like

herd of frogs in here.

George

Be grateful that smell doesn't transmit across the net.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 16th 03, 12:25 PM
tscottme

Tank Fixer wrote in message
k.net...

France has no culture,

Sure they have a culture, a culture of surrender to evil and resistance
to the US.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 16th 03, 12:26 PM
tscottme

Frank Vaughan wrote in message

**** the French.

Please don't, it only seems to make more of them.

--

Scott
--------