where do you buy it (was which oil to you use?)

Old October 2nd 04, 04:34 PM
The Weiss Family

Default where do you buy it (was which oil to you use?)

It seems a majority of us use AeroShell 15W-50.
Has anyone found a really cheap place to get it.
There is a Shell distributor near my home that I was going to call on
Monday. Any other ideas?

Adam

Old October 4th 04, 05:12 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
The Weiss Family wrote:
It seems a majority of us use AeroShell 15W-50.
Has anyone found a really cheap place to get it.

The cheapest source I've found is a shell distributor. Beyond that, per
quart it's cheaper to buy a 55 gallon drum, but it would take a big group
buy to justify that!

FWIW, Shell says the shelf life of oil is 1 year, which rules out buying
a zillion year supply for yourself.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old October 4th 04, 08:33 PM
The Weiss Family

Well, I did some looking around, and I found that the local Shell
distributor charges $50, give or take.
I also found this link:

http://www.airsuppliers.com/aircraft...SHELL15-50.asp

So, it looks like around $50 is the best I can do.
There's no Sam's Club in Nevada.

Old October 6th 04, 12:55 AM
Ray Andraka

The local shell distributor (http://www.oceanstateoil.com/) sells it
for $48/case. Best price I've found anywhere, and it is 2 miles from
my door.

The Weiss Family wrote:

Well, I did some looking around, and I found that the local Shell
distributor charges $50, give or take.
I also found this link:

http://www.airsuppliers.com/aircraft...SHELL15-50.asp

So, it looks like around $50 is the best I can do.
There's no Sam's Club in Nevada.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old October 6th 04, 03:16 AM
zatatime

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:55:15 -0400, Ray Andraka
wrote:

The local shell distributor (http://www.oceanstateoil.com/) sells it
for $48/case. Best price I've found anywhere

Their website unfortunately state where they are located. Could you
provide a town and state?

Thanks,
Old October 6th 04, 05:09 AM
Aaron Coolidge

: wrote:
:The local shell distributor (http://www.oceanstateoil.com/) sells it
:for $48/case. Best price I've found anywhere
: Their website unfortunately state where they are located. Could you
: provide a town and state?
: Thanks,
: z

Ocean State Oil is in North Kingstown, RI. (Rhode Island being called
"The Ocean State", and all.)
I second Ray's assessment: they're great! A bunch of us buy 10 cases at
a time, and even get a small discount beyond the $48/case for 15W50.

--
Aaron Coolidge
Old October 6th 04, 05:16 AM
zatatime

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 04:09:00 +0000 (UTC), Aaron Coolidge
wrote:

(Rhode Island being called
"The Ocean State", and all.)

Thanks. Guess the laughs on me, I never knew RI was The Ocean State.

Appreciate the follow up.

Old October 6th 04, 06:10 PM
Ray Andraka

Quonset Point Industrial Park, in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. The
Quonset Point airport (KOQU) is also in the park, about a half mile by
the way the crow flies.