SGT. GREIGO'S FLAK JACKET

Old March 4th 04, 03:50 PM
Stephen Harding

ArtKramr wrote:

There is no value in hits on a website per se. But the more that visit the site
the more information is being shared in what happened in the war. The more
flames I get from the bottom feeders the more hits I get. I have over 47,000
hits now and in time there will be 100,000 hits,. That is far more exposure
than most books ever get and that means the story of the 344th can be spread
even wider. And that as why the website exists. It is about the 344th and its
glorious battle record.It is a repository of history that should never be
lost.. The more readers the better.

I know some sites want lots of visits as they can demand
advertising dollars. Sort of like Superbowl ad time being so
expensive due to high viewership.

You no doubt will get the word out more efficiently via a
web site, but they are electronic and thus potentially easily,
and *totally* lost.

I've always felt you should translate your site content into
a book. The stories along with your photos and any other
pics you could get perms to use would be a real nice read
*and* in *hard copy*.

Your material is short and easily readable by even kids who
would otherwise get bored bogged down in a real historically
detailed type of read.

You should consider joining the ranks of the group's
literati and become a genuine author!

SMH

Old March 4th 04, 03:59 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: SGT. GREIGO'S FLAK JACKET
From: Stephen Harding
Date: 3/4/04 7:50 AM Pacific Standard Time
ArtKramr wrote:

[...]

Yeah. But I am a victim of my own laziness. What with my schedule at UNLV and
shooting skeet three times a week at Nellis, I am very busy, Then of course I
don't ever want to miss any naps, which is the greatest pleasure of all, and I
have already had a book published on color photography as well as about 200
articles over they years in Modern Photography Magazine. . But you are right.,
I'll get right on it. First thing next week (grin)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old March 4th 04, 04:02 PM
ArtKramr

From: Stephen Harding
Date: 3/4/04 7:50 AM Pacific Standard Time
ArtKramr wrote:

[...]

Besides, just look at this one thread. Sgt. Greigo's Flak Jacket has become
famous worldwide in just one week. Just got an E-mail from Denmark on it.

Old March 4th 04, 06:43 PM
Stephen Harding

ArtKramr wrote:

Yeah. But I am a victim of my own laziness. What with my schedule at UNLV and
shooting skeet three times a week at Nellis, I am very busy, Then of course I
don't ever want to miss any naps, which is the greatest pleasure of all, and I
have already had a book published on color photography as well as about 200
articles over they years in Modern Photography Magazine. . But you are right.,
I'll get right on it. First thing next week (grin)

Oh yeah, I can see you'll be right on it!

After the nap...after the skeet shoot...after school...after answering
some email...after cleaning the lint catcher of the dryer...

SMH