Stop bashing Anthony

Old August 11th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Stop bashing Anthony

"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
At the request of one of the other posters, I hearby pledge to not
respond to Anthony, no matter how ridiculous and inane his comments.
There is a certain pleasure in insulting him, but he is either too
stupid to get it, or just the response alone gives him the perverse
attention that he desires and lacks in his own personal life.

Ultimately he is not worth the bandwith.

Let's get on with aviation and ignore the idiot.

I was neve bothered by your comments, nor by Bertie's. However, if
this can convince enouth others to stop answering his questions,
and/or debabint his statements, then we will soon be rid of the troll.

Don;'t know if anyone has noticed, bt he ignores outright flames
completely.
I avoid answering any of his **** and he never, ever replies to my posts.

Bertie
Old August 11th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Aug 11, 12:28 pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

I will pledge not to argue with him or provide any serious answers for
him to disagree with. However I dont see any problems with having
some fun with him, it can be entertaining, especially when he thinks
you are serious which is most of the time since humour is invariably
lost on him.

The amounts of urine extracted from that one posters posts must be
approaching some sort of record...
:-)

Old August 11th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"terry" wrote

I will pledge not to argue with him or provide any serious answers for
him to disagree with. However I dont see any problems with having
some fun with him, it can be entertaining, especially when he thinks
you are serious which is most of the time since humour is invariably
lost on him.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

New post begins:

If...

You think that him going away would be a good thing, and....

If....

you think that responses of any kind are what might help to keep him here,
then...

You place your own entertainment ABOVE the good of this group if you reply
for "entertainment value."
--
Jim in NC

Old August 11th 08, 09:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On Aug 11, 7:25*am, wrote:
terry wrote:
On Aug 10, 10:28?pm, "Viperdoc" wrote:
At the request of one of the other posters, I hearby pledge to not respond
to Anthony, no matter how ridiculous and inane his comments. There is a
certain pleasure in insulting him, but he is either too stupid to get it, or
just the response alone gives him the perverse attention that he desires and
lacks in his own personal life.

Ultimately he is not worth the bandwith.

Let's get on with aviation and ignore the idiot.

I will pledge not to argue with him or provide any serious answers for
him to disagree with. *However *I dont see any problems with having
some fun with him, it can be entertaining, especially when he thinks
you are serious which is most of the time since humour is invariably
lost on him.
Terry
PPL Downunder

As long as the "fun" isn't something a new reader and a student might
try to do thinking the post is serious.

I really dont believe there are student pilots out there who would do
things in an airplane based purely on what they read on a newsgroup
from people they dont know, without discussing it with an instructor,
If there are I am afraid they are likely to have a short career in
aviation regardless of anything we post.

Terry
Old August 11th 08, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On Aug 11, 10:28*am, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"terry" wrote in message

[...]

------------------------------

That is really a perfect description of "feeding the troll" and it would
work out much better, for all of us, if you would just ignore him.

Well I never thought he was a troll, just one very disturbed dude.
But if it really will help to get this group back on track I will have
a go at ignoring him totally. geez it will be hard though.
Terry

Old August 11th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Don;'t know if anyone has noticed, bt he ignores outright flames
completely.
I avoid answering any of his **** and he never, ever replies to my posts.

Bertie

Yes, I noticed and I believe that several others did as well.
He appears to live for the debate.

Peter

Old August 11th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Don;'t know if anyone has noticed, bt he ignores outright flames
completely.
I avoid answering any of his **** and he never, ever replies to my
posts.

Bertie

Yes, I noticed and I believe that several others did as well.
He appears to live for the debate.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/debate

Bit of a stretch to call what he does debate.

Bertie
Old August 11th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rocky Stevens

On Aug 11, 6:56 am, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in 8.18...

Don;'t know if anyone has noticed, bt he ignores outright flames
completely.

Yes, I noticed and I believe that several others did as well. He appears to live for the debate.

Uh, ignoring flames is what most adults DO. See, Usenet was originally
created for what some of us call "discussion". Childish insults do
not qualify. Besides, what kind of response to "you are a loser,"
would meet your high intellectual standards? Should he respond with an
equally witty "you are a fjucktard"?
Old August 11th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Rocky Stevens wrote in
:

On Aug 11, 6:56 am, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in
8.18...

Don;'t know if anyone has noticed, bt he ignores outright flames
completely.

Yes, I noticed and I believe that several others did as well. He
appears to live for the debate.

Uh, ignoring flames is what most adults DO. See, Usenet was originally
created for what some of us call "discussion". Childish insults do
not qualify. Besides, what kind of response to "you are a loser,"
would meet your high intellectual standards? Should he respond with an
equally witty "you are a fjucktard"?

It's not about wit...

Bertie
Old August 11th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CovvTseTung

In article , Bertie the
Bunyip says...

Rocky Stevens wrote in
:

On Aug 11, 6:56 am, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in
8.18...

Don;'t know if anyone has noticed, bt he ignores outright flames
completely.

Yes, I noticed and I believe that several others did as well. He
appears to live for the debate.

Uh, ignoring flames is what most adults DO. See, Usenet was originally
created for what some of us call "discussion". Childish insults do
not qualify. Besides, what kind of response to "you are a loser,"
would meet your high intellectual standards? Should he respond with an
equally witty "you are a fjucktard"?

It's not about wit...

Things have certainly gotten quiet around here since Maxine ran away

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"