used r-22 worth it?

Old August 28th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Sparkle

Default used r-22 worth it?

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:25:39 GMT, Sparkle
wrote:

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

BTW: I would love some comments on the site. IMO it needs some work,
but would appreciate any input (good or bad) so I can take it to the
head weenies and state my case again.

You're right, it's not a masterpiece. My first impression was there are
many small widely separated elements, and a lot of whitespace. The most
interesting thing to look at is the buttons.

GOOD:
It works, and no annoying Flash intro! Building it with MS FrontPage
probably wasn't a real good plan, but I think my Mozilla browser is
showing everything that's supposed to be there. I like the eight buttons
on the left sliding into view as I scroll the page.

BAD:
Umm, I'll bet none of you have to use dialup. I do. Those eight sliding
buttons along the left? Each one is two giant 401 X 96 pixel images! The
sixteen files take so long to download that I didn't even know the
buttons change color when I mouse over them, until after I'd spent a few
minutes there mousing over them. The HTML code makes them display at a
reasonable width="150" height="35" anyway and that's how they appear on
the page, so it makes no sense to start with giant 401 X 96 pixel
buttons. Resize them.

You rich guys must all have nice 1680 X 1050 Widescreen Cinema Displays.
The Downloads page is the only one that doesn't quite fit the width of
my meager 1024 X 768 screen, and I need to scroll just a tiny bit left
and right to see it all. Specifying table width of 1040 there was maybe
a bad idea, 1024 (or even 800) is still the most common screen size for
most of us.

The FLYIT logo, the smaller one on the left, loaded before the bigger
one in the middle. I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be,
looked sort of like a couple of flies buzzing around the name FLYIT!
Then when the bigger logo appeared I could see they were a helicopter
and an airplane.

Thanks, I'll pass these along...

Wait, there's more...
Old August 28th 06, 09:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Sparkle

wrote:

[...]

This is bad. I looked over your "Contact" page pretty thoroughly, and I
can't find my name on the roster. Which means I'm not working for FLYIT.

Old August 28th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:11:26 -0400, "B4RT"
wrote:

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...

I dunno about anyone else, but *ANY* odd noise gets my left hand back
on the collective Right Effin' Now!

Funny story:

Like you said I've been pretty hardwired for years on the odd noise or
blinking light thing to be prepped for an auto "right effing now". So a
couple years ago I went out and got my fixed wing ticket and bought an
airplane. Well the airplane has a "bitching betty" and for a few of the
things she says theres a horn sound that goes off right before she talks,
and that horn sounds EXACTLY like the engine out horn in my Jet Ranger. I
can't tell you how many times in the first couple months of flying that
plane that I reached for a collective that wasn't there and almost soiled
myself when that damn thing sounded off.

LOL! Hopefully that plank won't get you complacent in the helo..

Just don't try to bring it to a hover over the main ramp! ;-)

Old August 29th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

B4RT wrote:
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...

I dunno about anyone else, but *ANY* odd noise gets my left hand back
on the collective Right Effin' Now!

Funny story:

Like you said I've been pretty hardwired for years on the odd noise or
blinking light thing to be prepped for an auto "right effing now". So a
couple years ago I went out and got my fixed wing ticket and bought an
airplane. Well the airplane has a "bitching betty" and for a few of the
things she says theres a horn sound that goes off right before she talks,
and that horn sounds EXACTLY like the engine out horn in my Jet Ranger. I
can't tell you how many times in the first couple months of flying that
plane that I reached for a collective that wasn't there and almost soiled
myself when that damn thing sounded off.

Bart

Ha ha - that's pretty funny. However I may now endure nightmares about
flying a helo. having an engine fail and the collective magically
disappearing.