Aviation crash videos on-line

Old September 4th 04, 05:05 PM
Dudley Henriques

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

like you guys to take this off USENET though

Suggestion;
Take out the cross posting as I have done to eliminate all but the 2
groups I want to use for this issue, then simply resist the temptation
to hit the send key with a Usenet police post like this one.
Works wonders!
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired

For personal email, please
replace the at with what goes there and
take out the Z's please!
dhenriquesZatZearthZlinkZdotZnet

Old September 4th 04, 04:47 PM
F.L. Whiteley

Nah, drudgereport knocked over newscientist.com earlier this week with the
seti announcement long before it got /.ed

This site didn't get knocked over, they did it to themselves by cross
posting something that invokes a look and much curiousity without
understanding this web business. Now they can't afford the freight.
Bandwidth is not free.

"Doug FM" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
And the site is down after one day, that's gotta be some sort of record

"Iwan Bogels" wrote in message
Dear aviation enthusiast,

Over the years we have collected loads of spectacular video footage.

This
includes about 100 video clips with aviation mishaps, accidents and

crashes.
Today we have opened http://www.dappa.nl/crash.htm which shows the first

15
videos. More videos will follow soon, so keep checking for updates !

Best regards,

Iwan Bogels & Tieme Festner
DAPPA

Old September 4th 04, 04:50 PM
Jack

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Sorry; no sale with me anyway.

I see their URL finally disappeared from your responses, Dudley. Editing
is good.

The fact that they cross-posted to such a mix of NGs tells me their
discretion is questionable, and they may not appreciate your objections.
I would have had more respect for them had they presented these videos
in some sort of a safety-related context, but then a moral sense of
responsibility is not something held in high esteem these days.

On the other hand, I gain some insight into the physical dynamics of air
crashes from seeing this type of video, and I think that is valuable.

Cognizance of the human toll, about which you have correctly reminded
us, is essential.

Jack
Old September 4th 04, 04:58 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Jack" wrote in message
om...
Dudley Henriques wrote:

Sorry; no sale with me anyway.

I see their URL finally disappeared from your responses, Dudley.

Editing
is good.

The fact that they cross-posted to such a mix of NGs tells me their
discretion is questionable, and they may not appreciate your

objections.
I would have had more respect for them had they presented these videos
in some sort of a safety-related context, but then a moral sense of
responsibility is not something held in high esteem these days.

On the other hand, I gain some insight into the physical dynamics of

air
crashes from seeing this type of video, and I think that is valuable.

Cognizance of the human toll, about which you have correctly reminded
us, is essential.

Jack

Admittedly, my perspective on the issue is personal, as I have seen many
close friends die in these crashes, and I agree with you, that presented
properly, crash video has tremendous capability in educating within the
flight safety context. This however, was not done in this case, and
hence, my strong objection.
All the best as always,