Question - Regarding Canard Pushers...

Old August 10th 03, 06:05 AM
Big John

BOb

I think there's something wrong in Denmark as someone said many years
ago. Can't find out who wrote the article but his findings don't match
with my 4-500 hour experience in bird.

He says that prior to '65 model there was a high break out force on
ailerons. I had a '62 and could fly it all day with one finger. It
needed increasing force (elevator) as you tightened up in a turn to
hold nose up but that is normal in any well designed bird with
harmonized controls.

I had a good friend who had an old wood Mooney and never head him
talk about high control forces. As I recall he talked about how nice
the controls were harmonized.

Now, if you had one with the wing leveler and it was on then there was
high aileron control forces. The cutout button on the wheel let you
temp disable the wing leveler when you wanted to 'maneuver' without
the high aileron force.

I do agree with him on being a good two place with all the baggage
your wife wanted to bring though G

NB I'm going to slow down on my postings as other things have come up
that are going to take most of the time I have been spending on Group.
I'll try to lurk though to keep up to speed on current activities but
try to stay our of the 'fur balls'.

Big John

Tired and going to bed to make Church tomorrow.

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:56:34 -0500, Barnyard BOb --
wrote:

BOb

My bird was a '62 (second year they made all metal). Never heard of
any Mooney flying like a truck??? Who, what , where, when???

Big John

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

Whoa, big fella.

The early Mooney's I flew way back, had very high aileron forces.
I absolutely HATED flying Mooney's because of this fact.
The CURVED ailerons of the day caused this nasty business.
The later model STRAIGHT bottom ailerons cure this ill.

As reference to this, I offer.....
http://www.mooneypilots.com/m20E.html

"The good news is that the later model ailerons can be retrofitted to
the pre'65 model Mooneys. They are expensive ($800 from the salvage
yard, $1500 from Mooney) but they make a dramatic improvement in
reducing roll forces. Incidently, this aileron change is required if
retrofitting a PC system or an autopilot to a pre'65 model Mooney."

Barnyard BOb - 50 years of flight

Old August 10th 03, 06:12 AM
Big John

BOb

Are you saying two wives are better than one since you would have
redundency?

Big John

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:57:35 -0500, Barnyard BOb --
wrote:

BOb

The Taylor Cub I flew had single ignition. Whats the big deal about
single ignition?

Big John

Redundency....
or lack of it.

Barnyard BOb --

Old August 10th 03, 10:53 AM
Barnyard BOb --

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Redundency....
or lack of it.

Barnyard BOb --

BOb

Are you saying two wives are better than one since you would have
redundency?

Big John

++++++++++++++++++++

Works great fer the Muslims, but..
gimme two eager virgins, instead.

Barnyard BOb -- made in the USA

Old August 10th 03, 11:07 AM
Barnyard BOb --

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Redundency....
or lack of it.

Barnyard BOb --

BOb

Are you saying two wives are better than one since you would have
redundency?

Big John

Definitely...
As long as they aren't mine.

Barnyard BOb -- stranger than fiction

Tailwheel question Steve B Aerobatics 4 January 30th 04 03:35 AM
Hinges under stress - mechanical engineering type question Corrie Home Built 21 August 6th 03 08:49 AM
question on intercoms for my new homebuilt w b evans Home Built 1 July 23rd 03 12:57 AM
Canard static port location Paul Lee Home Built 1 July 12th 03 02:55 AM
Pitts Screw Question VTflyer Home Built 1 July 2nd 03 11:02 AM