Tuesday - 080318-19.jpg (1/1)

Old March 24th 08, 11:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

Default Tuesday - 080318-19.jpg (1/1)

There are some nice images here, but the file sizes are quite large. I find
myself doing a lot of scrolling around to see all the details. If you were
to reduce the image size to pehaps 800 or 1000 pixels across it would make
the picture fit the screen much better with minimal loss of quality.

Thanks for sharing.

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Old March 25th 08, 08:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:14:27 -0400, "Indrek Aavisto"
wrote:

There are some nice images here, but the file sizes are quite large. I find
myself doing a lot of scrolling around to see all the details. If you were
to reduce the image size to pehaps 800 or 1000 pixels across it would make
the picture fit the screen much better with minimal loss of quality.

Thanks for sharing.

Indrek Aavisto

Mine fitted into the window perfectly. Does your newsreader not
autosize?
--
This message has been brought to you by nuclear power. Please don't tell the neighbours.

When you want a man to play with you, wear a full-length black nightgown with buttons all over it.
Sure it's uncomfortable, but it makes you look just like his remote control.
Old March 25th 08, 08:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

There are some nice images here, but the file sizes are quite large. I
find
myself doing a lot of scrolling around to see all the details. If you
were
to reduce the image size to pehaps 800 or 1000 pixels across it would
make
the picture fit the screen much better with minimal loss of quality.

Thanks for sharing.

Indrek Aavisto

PH Mine fitted into the window perfectly. Does your newsreader not
PH autosize?
PH --

I'm using Outlook Express. Is there an option to autosize? If so, I have not
been able to find it.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Old March 26th 08, 02:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

"Indrek Aavisto" wrote in message
There are some nice images here, but the file sizes are quite large. I

find
myself doing a lot of scrolling around to see all the details. If you were
to reduce the image size to pehaps 800 or 1000 pixels across it would make
the picture fit the screen much better with minimal loss of quality.

My files are cropped to 1024x768 pixels so that they are the correct size
for most desktops. Obviously you can never please everyone all the time but
1024x768 should keep most happy.

If you are interested in looking at the pictures properly then you will need
a photo viewer program. I use ACDSee but there are many out there (some
free). You also need a newsreader that will download these pictures
straight into a folder on your pc. At the moment I use xNews - it's free
and it does a good job. Outlook express is a great program (I am posting
this with it !) but not ideal for usenet. If you need any help or advice
the regulars here will be only too pleased to assist you.

Old March 26th 08, 04:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

If you are looking for an almighty viewer (and free too!) download
Irfanview.
It's an all singing all dancing sweet little progam that will rotate, resize
and convert everything for you.

I have been using it for years.

Kind regards,
Herman

"RustYŠ" schreef in bericht

Old March 26th 08, 08:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:21:14 -0400, "Indrek Aavisto"
wrote:

There are some nice images here, but the file sizes are quite large. I
find
myself doing a lot of scrolling around to see all the details. If you
were
to reduce the image size to pehaps 800 or 1000 pixels across it would
make
the picture fit the screen much better with minimal loss of quality.

Thanks for sharing.

Indrek Aavisto

PH Mine fitted into the window perfectly. Does your newsreader not
PH autosize?
PH --

I'm using Outlook Express. Is there an option to autosize? If so, I have not
been able to find it.

Outlook Ex... oh dear. I feel for you.
--
This message has been brought to you by nuclear power. Please don't tell the neighbours.

During the weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives.
From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"
Old March 27th 08, 01:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

There are some nice images here, but the file sizes are quite large. I
R find
myself doing a lot of scrolling around to see all the details. If you
were
to reduce the image size to pehaps 800 or 1000 pixels across it would
make
the picture fit the screen much better with minimal loss of quality.

R My files are cropped to 1024x768 pixels so that they are the correct
R size
R for most desktops. Obviously you can never please everyone all the
R time but
R 1024x768 should keep most happy.

R If you are interested in looking at the pictures properly then you
R will need
R a photo viewer program. I use ACDSee but there are many out there
R (some
R free). You also need a newsreader that will download these pictures
R straight into a folder on your pc. At the moment I use xNews - it's
R free
R and it does a good job. Outlook express is a great program (I am
R posting
R this with it !) but not ideal for usenet. If you need any help or
R advice
R the regulars here will be only too pleased to assist you.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Rusty, your pictures show on my screen perfectly.

I have been using Irfanview to resize the images prior to posting my own
images, but it had not occurred to me that I could use it as an image
viewer. I downloaded Xnews last night and tinkered with it for a while. As
you say it will download attachments to a designated folder from which an
image viewer can retrieve them for perusal.

As I only have problems with a relatively few large images I think my best
bet will be to carry on using OE and manually save the larger images to a
folder and then use Irfanview to look at them full screen.

In an ideal world there would be a newsreader with an option to show
attached images full screen without having to resort to another application.
Sigh...

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill