Global Flyer On-Line Tracking

Old February 10th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Global Flyer On-Line Tracking

Eww I hate Golf.
Jim

"Chris" wrote in message

I have a share in a November Piper, lots of November planes in the UK-

lets
me use the FAA IR. Otherwise I cannot use it in a Golf plane.

Old February 10th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Why Manston, the Virgin connection I suppose, Virgin Atlantic use it as a
training field for B747 and A340.

Its only a short 72 mile trip round the North and east of London down to
Kent International Airport. The name is a bit of a joke and makes it sound
a bit grander than it is but it has a 2752 m (9029ft) by 61m runway.

The other reason is that it is probably remote that is as far east as you
can get in southern England, the coast is a mere 2 miles from the threshold
of runway 28 and 7 miles from the threshold of runway 10. The airport is in
class G airspace, the nearest controlled airspace is a chunk of Class A at
FL65 above it.
Good fun then!

It hosted the USAAF from 1950 to 1958.

Chris

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Blythe
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga.../image2549.jpg

Let us know what you see Chris!!
Thanks,
Jim

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Chris" wrote)
I going down to Kent on Sunday if he gets there - see if I can get a
picture of the plane with mine in it too like I have with Concorde. See
that picture in Jays rogues gallery.

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm
A little help please.

Chris...
A-H
I-P
Q-Z

Montblack

Old February 11th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
http://www.globalflyer.com/MissionControl/Tracking/

If you're interesting in tracking Globalflyer's progress...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

I seem to remember far better communication on Fossett's last attempt than
on this one. Last time I thought they provided info on fuel remaining, etc.
This time, the information seems to be kept much closer to the vest.

KB

Old February 11th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Called a Mayday and landed at Bournemouth. Oh Well, that's my day out gone
for a Burton, I am not paying $150 to land at Bournemouth tomorrow.

Old February 12th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Called a Mayday and landed at Bournemouth. Oh Well, that's my day out gone
for a Burton, I am not paying $150 to land at Bournemouth tomorrow.

You've got an airport with a $150 LANDING fee?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 12th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:32:50 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

Called a Mayday and landed at Bournemouth. Oh Well, that's my day out gone
for a Burton, I am not paying $150 to land at Bournemouth tomorrow.

You've got an airport with a $150 LANDING fee?

http://www.flybournemouth.co.uk/corp...es-charges.php

see http://www.google.com/search?q=airport+landing+fee+general+aviation

#m
--
We reject Gilmore’s right to travel argument because the Constitution does
not guarantee the right to travel by any particular form of transportation.
Old February 12th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

£35 landing fee for a PA28 plus mandatory handling soon bumps the cost up.
Not like when I flew into Oshkosh before Airventure last year when I was
give a ride to the museum, picked up from the museum, taken to the
restaurant and then taken back to Baslers all for nothing. I did not even
buy any gas.

The minimum landing fees are around $17 for nothing and you pay extra for
practice approaches.

Chris

Old February 12th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The minimum landing fees are around $17 for nothing and you pay extra for
practice approaches.

So where is all this money going?

In Europe GA is a cash cow for airports. You get for up to 150 Dollars
transportation from plane to terminal and back with a dirty follow-me
car, two sheets of paper with weatherbull**** and maybe a free cup of
coffee while paying the different bills. And, not to forget, you are
assisted by a Handling-man looking for 3 different offices for paying
Handling, Navigational and Airportfees.....

Greetings,
Heiko
Old February 14th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
£35 landing fee for a PA28 plus mandatory handling soon bumps the cost
up. Not like when I flew into Oshkosh before Airventure last year when
I was give a ride to the museum, picked up from the museum, taken to the
restaurant and then taken back to Baslers all for nothing. I did not even
buy any gas.

The minimum landing fees are around $17 for nothing and you pay extra for
practice approaches.

So where is all this money going?

Or has it effectively eliminated most private flying, which, of course,
means they must raise the fees to protect all the make-work jobs, which
eliminates even more flying, which means they must raise the fees again,
blah, blah, blah...?

No airports in the Uk receive taxpayers money so everything they do has to
be met from they income they make whether it is through landing fees, profit
on fuel etc. No fancy grants for runway improvements etc. Some airports will
discount the landing fee if you uplift fuel but then it usually has to be a
lot.

The same applies with ATC. Airports have to pay for their own ATC. There is
no government funding for that either so again they have to charge to cover
their costs. Hence a couple of instrument approaches will set you back $50
in ATC charges.
Finally the UK CAA are required by law to not only recover their costs from
users but make a 6% return on investment. Hence when you have done all your
training, passed the checkride you have to part with $278 for them to do the
paperwork and issue the licence. This has to be renewed every 5 years for
$100.
and as I have mentioned before, I have to give the CAA £16 so that they can
verify my licence details for the FAA to then issue me with a private
certificate for free. Its a crazy world.

On top of this fuel is about $7.50 a gallon. all the tax raised on the fuel
goes into the general fund and pays for defense, welfare, roads, education
etc. None of it makes it way back to GA.

Chris