Sorry, Spruce and Jim Irwin

Old October 10th 03, 10:49 PM
Larry Smith

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

"Larry Smith" wrote in message

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message
This was no different than if Larry had stood in the street in front

of
ACS
and yelled his complaint. They have every right to walk out into the

street
and yell thier answer right back at him.

Not exactly, goofy. Two dramatically different audiences. This one
includes anonymous kooks like you and a million others with diminished

and
scrambled synapses. More than a few have already harped in. Even an
inveterate kook political candidate has stood on his hind legs and

howled.

This fun. Let's all poke Larry with a stick and watch him bark.

Bring your stick and come along, Giacomo, but be prepared to meet a bigger
stick. Got the wheel spats for that 2/3 scale Ercoupe built yet?

Old October 10th 03, 11:07 PM
Larry Smith

"Big John" wrote in message
Do they let people with the 'Road Rage' expressed on this thread fly
airplanes?

Careful, little fella. Last time you picked on somebody you got slapped
around, iirc.

Old October 11th 03, 12:59 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Do they let people with the 'Road Rage' expressed on this thread fly
airplanes?

It might be a good idea to send the postings on this thread to OK City
and let them require a Physco exam at the next physical.

Big John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This tactic sends chills down my spine as much now
as it did when it was effectively used in Nazi Germany.

Barnyard BOb -- end justifies the means?

Old October 11th 03, 03:36 AM
RobertR237

In article , "Morgans"
writes:

I had the same reaction. However, on rereading, it is clear that Irwin
would have been better advised to substitute "John Doe" and "Jane
Smith" for the real people other than Larry, who were not mentioned by
him.
--
Alex

################################

True, it might have been smart to change the names, but without the number,
they are of no use, and no harm.
--
Jim in NC

Further to that point, had he used John Doe or any other name it would just
have given rise to it being a phoney story. The fact is that Irwin had the
full details of who was conning who with two or three different names and one
card. It really makes one wonder what was really going on. Then again,
Latchless does have an excellent record of dealing with various companies and
has repeatedly proven that he is a patient and thoughtful person.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old October 11th 03, 03:36 AM
RobertR237

In article , "Larry Smith"
writes:

"RobertR237" wrote in message
In article . net, Jerry
Springer writes:

Another good reason to not use ACS. This is the second time Mr Irwin
has posted personal information to this Newsgroup. The guy is a moron.

Jerry

Well, considering the fact that Latchless Larry had used this Newsgroup

for
posting to Irwin and ASS, I don't see a problem with him responding in the

same
forum and setting the record straight.

You've got to be dumb as a gum stump. WTH does Irwin get off publishing
the names of innocent third parties who have nothing to do with the beef I
had with Irwin's sea-monkey employee?

Let me know when you get ready to fire up that ratplane penguin you say
you're building so I can take cover.

Sorry Latchless, you asked for it and deserved it. You shouldn't have opened
the can of worms in a public forum before finding out from the souce or at
least making a resonable attempt to do so. Your past record of dealing with
companies that don't kiss ass is plenty of justification for the reply you got.
While posting of third party names in the reply was a little off base, I
suspect it was the only way to prove the point without your claiming a bunch of
bull.

Now any more names or personal attacks you want to throw my way, go ahead, it
doesn't mean **** to me.

Old October 11th 03, 03:50 AM
Jerry Springer

Mr. Irwin has done this before only that time he posted much more
personal information. Mr. Wier you can think as you please I don't
care. I certainly don't agree with Latchless Larry most of the time
but Mr. Irwin should be taking the high road and not post peoples names
that are not involved with this garbage. Mr. Irwin basically called me a
liar in this newsgroup a few years ago tell I proved him wrong using his
own catalogue. I have had their phone people flat out lie to me about a
part I wanted, other times the price they told me on the phone was about
half of the price they charged me. I have no use for this company or its
personel. I live right in the middle of RV country and hear the same
stories over and over again from other builders.

Jerry

Jim Weir wrote:
I think you are off base. Jim Irwin tried to post an answer that was printed
here in this group (and THAT was off base as well) by email to a dead or phony
email account.

Were I in the same position, trying to rectify a situation with no good way of
contacting the guy, I'd have done the same thing.

Jim

Jerry Springer

-Another good reason to not use ACS. This is the second time Mr Irwin
-has posted personal information to this Newsgroup. The guy is a moron.
-
-Jerry
-
-im Irwin wrote:
- Sorry to post on this news group, I need to get an email to Larry
- Smith, yet the email address below for him is not working.

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old October 11th 03, 04:46 AM
Morgans

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
ink.net...
Mr. Irwin has done this before only that time he posted much more
personal information. Mr. Wier you can think as you please I don't
care. I certainly don't agree with Latchless Larry most of the time
but Mr. Irwin should be taking the high road and not post peoples names
that are not involved with this garbage. Mr. Irwin basically called me a
liar in this newsgroup a few years ago tell I proved him wrong using his
own catalogue. I have had their phone people flat out lie to me about a
part I wanted, other times the price they told me on the phone was about
half of the price they charged me. I have no use for this company or its
personel. I live right in the middle of RV country and hear the same
stories over and over again from other builders.

Jerry

Sounds like you have an axe to grind, and are still doing it in a public
forum.

Help me out here. And the difference between Mr. Irwin and you is.....?
--
Jim in NC

Old October 11th 03, 04:52 AM
Juan Jimenez

Well, waddaya know... seems there's always two sides to the story...

"im Irwin" wrote in message
om...
Sorry to post on this news group, I need to get an email to Larry
Smith, yet the email address below for him is not working. Thank you
for your understanding..

To: Larry Smith

Dear Larry,

We have been forwarded an email from the rec.aviation.homebuilt
(google groups) regarding a battery you tried to order earlier this
week. Our sales rep in GA has already emailed our office manager
yesterday giving us a "heads up" to expect your email.

When you provided the credit card number, our computer system
determined that this same card had been used by a different customer
in a previous order. It gave the name of that order as Warren
Hunnicut, although you said the name on the card was Rosalie McIntosh.
In situation where names do not match we ask the customer for the
billing address of the credit card to verify that it is the owner who
is using it. I do understand that you would not have the address if
you were using someone else's credit card, but requesting this
information is the only way we can insure that a credit card us not
used with out the cardholders authorization.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this caused. I am
sorry that you decided to order with a different supplier, as we do
appreciate your calling Aircraft Spruce. It the sales rep would have
had the opportunity to bring this to the manger for approval to ship,
we would have done so immediately. We appreciate your business and
hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Regards,

Jim Irwin
President, Aircraft Spruce

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:59:36 GMT, "Kyle Boatright"
wrote:

"Larry Smith" wrote in message
Jim, you and your company were quite courteous on a prop bolt

exchange, so
was gonna order some more mdse. And still hope to, even after

this.
This
morning I tried to order a Concorde battery for a friend's 172, and

the
snappy lady in Griffin rejected the card, for curious reasons.

After a call to Desser (Memphis) the order is complete and the

battery
said
to be on its way. Same card too. There's only 20k in that

account.
That
ought to cover a $100 battery.

What's your credit card number and expiration date? I'll check into

it.

KB

Old October 11th 03, 04:54 AM
Juan Jimenez

"Larry Smith" wrote in message

Not exactly, goofy. Two dramatically different audiences. This one
includes anonymous kooks like you and a million others with diminished and
scrambled synapses. More than a few have already harped in. Even an
inveterate kook political candidate has stood on his hind legs and howled.

Go whine somewhere else, putz. If you didn't want this dragged out in the
open you should have had enough sense not to do so in the first place.

Old October 11th 03, 04:56 AM
Juan Jimenez

Goddamn, the foundation of my house shook again today. Sure enough, I come
check here the Reed is agreeing with me again.