Anyone have an airport diagram for Toronto Center City airport?

Old November 18th 04, 03:34 AM
Peter R.

Default Anyone have an airport diagram for Toronto Center City airport?

Argh! Last week (about nine shipping days ago) I ordered both approach
charts for lower Ontario, Canada, and a low altitude IFR en route chart
from Pilotshop.com in lieu of my upcoming flight to Toronto from NY
state.

This afternoon, a mere day and a half before my trip, Pilotshop sends me
an email stating that they are all out of these charts due to the
approaching Nov 25th issuance of the new charts. Now, that's a way to
win a new customer's repeat business.

With one more full day until my trip, there is no time to order a set of
charts. The local FBOs do not carry Canadian charts.

I have a current Detroit VFR sectional for the area and I can print an
IFR en route chart from Jepp's FLightStar software, but I do not have a
good airport diagram, nor do I have any approach plates.

At this point, the weather is looking to be good VFR, but I would like
to have an airport diagram with frequencies for CYTZ. Searching the web
turned up nothing. If anyone has a scanned image of the diagram that
could be sent via email, I would be *most* indebted. A working email
for me is (remove the X).

--
Peter

Old November 18th 04, 03:41 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Peter R. said:
At this point, the weather is looking to be good VFR, but I would like
to have an airport diagram with frequencies for CYTZ. Searching the web

http://www.torontoport.com/PortAutho...pilot_info.asp

Click on "Communications and Navigation" for frequencies.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Real Time, adj.:
Old November 18th 04, 04:34 AM
Icebound

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, Peter R. said:
At this point, the weather is looking to be good VFR, but I would like
to have an airport diagram with frequencies for CYTZ. Searching the web

http://www.torontoport.com/PortAutho...pilot_info.asp

Click on "Communications and Navigation" for frequencies.

There is one little piece of outdated information on their "flight planning"
page.

If you need/want to talk to an FSS, it is no longer at Toronto/Buttonville
as shown on that page... it is now at London; you would call "London Radio".
The same FSS frequencies should still work. The 126.7 is the "in-the-air"
frequency, so the "above 3000" qualifier may be valid, but the 123.15 is
supposed to work when you are on the ground at the airport.

And those Buttonville phone numbers are useless, also.

To reach FSS by phone, just call 1-866-WX BRIEF

Old November 18th 04, 04:51 AM
Peter R.

Icebound ) wrote:

There is one little piece of outdated information on their "flight planning"
page.

If you need/want to talk to an FSS, it is no longer at Toronto/Buttonville
as shown on that page... it is now at London; you would call "London Radio".
The same FSS frequencies should still work. The 126.7 is the "in-the-air"
frequency, so the "above 3000" qualifier may be valid, but the 123.15 is
supposed to work when you are on the ground at the airport.

And those Buttonville phone numbers are useless, also.

To reach FSS by phone, just call 1-866-WX BRIEF

So, do I understand the information on that page correctly that to
activate my IFR flight plan, I would have to call FSS rather than speak
to the ground controller?

Or does the following quote refer to VFR flight plans?

"Pilots are requested to open & close flight plans with
Toronto/Buttonville FSS on 126.7 or 123.15 above 3000 AGL or by phone."

--
Peter

Old November 18th 04, 04:52 AM
Peter R.

Paul Tomblin ) wrote:

http://www.torontoport.com/PortAutho...pilot_info.asp

Click on "Communications and Navigation" for frequencies.

Thanks, Paul. Unfortunately, the airport diagram on that page didn't
print very well. I did print off the frequencies, though.

--
Peter

Old November 18th 04, 05:16 AM
Icebound

"Peter R." wrote in message
Icebound ) wrote:

[...]

It refers to VFR plans for sure, but it could be that they request closing
through FSS after landing as being more convenient for everyone all around
(see my previous post about 123.15).

In the google archives, there are a lot of posters who claim Canadian ATC
will open/close IFR plans at towered airports. You could just put in the
"close" request to the ground controller and the worst that will happen is
he will direct you to the FSS.

In case it wasn't clear, by the way, that FSS "WX BRIEF" number is for
filing FP, as well as weather info.

Old November 18th 04, 06:51 PM
Schmoe

Peter R. wrote:

Doesn't AOPA online have that stuff?

Old November 18th 04, 07:05 PM
Peter R.

Schmoe ) wrote:

Peter R. wrote:

Doesn't AOPA online have that stuff?

Not for Canada they don't. I even called AOPA to see if someone there
could fax me a plate or two from their personal collection. No one had
one and there probably is some crazy liability reason why they would not
be allowed to even if they did have one.

Now, Jeppesen can fax approach plates for Canadian at US $55 for the fax
service, $10 for an airport, and $5 per plate, for a total of $65 for
one ILS approach plate. No thanks.

Just this morning, someone from this group was going to send me some
from his collection, but I just received a call from the manager of my
local flight school. He was able to find a pilot with current Canadian
plates that he will let me borrow for the day.

--
Peter

Old November 18th 04, 09:26 PM
Icebound

"Schmoe" wrote in message
et...
Peter R. wrote:

Doesn't AOPA online have that stuff?

Yeah, Canadian plates are only sold as the "Canada Air Pilot" Series through
http://makeashorterlink.com/?V522131D9 (plus official dealers, FBOs, Pilot
Shops, etc.) and not available online. Surely they must have some plans for
on-line access.... maybe somebody else in these groups would know....

Anyway, they always ask for feedback, so you can ask (or suggest) about
their on-line policy (or lack of it) at:

It does make little sense for someone who is flying in one-time-only to have
to purchase a complete area, since he will be throwing away, like, 350
plates of garbage (to him), and keeping maybe 5 or 8 plates. or less.

Even flying into maybe 3 airports in the area, maybe 2 or 3 times a year,
would pretty much require a 45 dollar annual subscription to keep current.
You would be throwing away well over 2,000 unused plates and keeping...
what?.... maybe 30?

How much of this northern forest do we have??? :-).

Old November 18th 04, 09:34 PM
Icebound

"Icebound" wrote in message

"Schmoe" wrote in message
et...
Peter R. wrote:

Doesn't AOPA online have that stuff?

Yeah, Canadian plates are only sold as the "Canada Air Pilot" Series
through...snip...

Anyway, they always ask for feedback, so you can ask (or suggest) about
their on-line policy (or lack of it) at:...snip...

Damn... hit enter just as I realized that I didn't scramble the email
address. But it is all over their public website anyway, so I am sure the
spammers already have it.... Damn...